Want to try this but...

Forum for Projects by The Persecution Complex

Moderators: Rex Claussen, Persecution Complex Team - Paranoid

ltfreak

Want to try this but...

Post by ltfreak »

The wad seems to play really slow for me like a stop go stop go frame by frame. I am using the latest version of GZDooM and I have a high end computer. Maybe there is a GZDooM setting I can turn down or another port I can use for this wad? Any help would be great. Ty
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: Want to try this but...

Post by Enjay »

It will only work with GZdoom.

Can you post your system specs, including how much system memory you have and your graphics card?

The usual things that make GZdoom run faster could be tried - lowering screen res, making sure you are not using hi-res filters, changing dynamic light type etc.
ltfreak

Post by ltfreak »

I'll try messing with the gzdoom settings.

Windows Vista Home premium
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 5200+ 2.70 GHz
4g ram
ATI Radeon HD 4800
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

ltfreak wrote:The wad seems to play really slow for me like a stop go stop go frame by frame.
Does the game start out that way or does it get that way after a while? The reason I ask is that I too have experienced some serious slow-downs on some maps. However, the game runs fine (even on my low-end computer) until Map04. The only maps that create any significant slow-downs are Maps 04 and 05, mainly because of the size of the maps, the number of special effects, and the number of enemies.

I have a Mobility Radeon 9000 graphics chip-set, 1.8 GHz Pentium processor, and 2 GB RAM. In other words, a low-end machine.

Return to “Persecution Complex”