Paranoid featured on Zeden.net

Forum for Projects by The Persecution Complex

Moderators: Rex Claussen, Persecution Complex Team - Paranoid

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Paranoid featured on Zeden.net

Post by Rex Claussen »

On May 2, Zeden.net posted a short article on Paranoid. I believe Jean-Charles, the webmaster, intends to expand the article soon.

The site had previously written an article on Team TNT's Eternal Doom IV: Return from Oblivion.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Paranoid featured on Zeden.net

Post by Rachael »

Cool! Paranoid is getting a lot of publicity. :)
Firebrand
Dev Builds Team

Post by Firebrand »

Too bad that the article is written in... french? :)
I'm the ruler of the Fire Power.....
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Firebrand wrote:Too bad that the article is written in... french? :)
Heh, heh. Yes, it's in French and perhaps I ought to have mentioned that earlier. Anyhoo, here's a Google translation:

"To be sure that my brief is not embedded in the flow of information, I chose to broadcast on Sunday. Yet should we read that someone! So here it is: after several months of development, Rex Claussen (who participated in the Eternal Doom IV project) gives us a quite original mod because it proposes an adventure in the universe of Half-Life with the GZDoom engine.

You play the character of Dr. Rolf Bellmer and you explore unknown areas of Black Mesa. The game is made of eight maps interconnected by a system of Hubs (As in Hexen). With true 3D architecture, Paranoid tries to capture a large part of the atmosphere of Half-Life, but with the Doom engine.

And as I haven't taken any video or screenshots, I'll send you there directly:

•Description: http://doomnexus.drdteam.org/paranoid.html
•The mod : PARANOID.ZIP"

I'm not sure if that is any better. :roll:
Last edited by Remmirath on Fri May 14, 2010 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Some Google Translator fixes. :P
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Rex Claussen wrote:The game is made of eight cards
Hah, Google picked the wrong translation of "carte". (Means both map, as in cartography, and obviously card.)
Firebrand
Dev Builds Team

Post by Firebrand »

Thanks for the translation, nice little article.
I'm the ruler of the Fire Power.....
Remmirath
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Remmirath »

I fixed some errors in the translation. Hope ya don't mind. :P
SoulPriestess wrote:Good job, Morpheus! You are teh awesum!
hans-karl

Post by hans-karl »

Hi !
Rex Claussen wrote:I believe Jean-Charles, the webmaster, intends to expand the article soon.
Unfortunately, I'm not the webmaster. :wink: I'm only an occasional contributor, essentially on old-doom-style games. The webmaster is Zork (first post in my news), a classic-doom fan, as me.
Next days, I can take more time to play Paranoid and complete my article with more screenshots !

À bientôt !

Jean-Charles
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Jean-Charles has expanded the article with plenty of screenshots. He has just begun Map04 after a couple of hours of play (and much exploration), so he has quite a bit of the game remaining. I'm guessing he'll do a full review after he's completed the game.
hans-karl

Post by hans-karl »

Oh, just back from an absorbing black hole, I just finish Paranoid. Wait now for Paranoiac :D !
Thanks!
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

hans-karl wrote:Oh, just back from an absorbing black hole, I just finish Paranoid. Wait now for Paranoiac :D !
It's good to hear from you, Jean-Charles.

By the way, finishing the game in under 7 hours is much better than I would have done.

Also, if you only found 56% of the secrets, I'm guessing you didn't get to Map06, the small secret level with sewers (aptly named "Dirty. Little. Secret.") The trick is to enter a couple of secret areas in Map02, which then raises a crate in Map05, which then allows you to jump to a platform that takes you to Map06. I know, I know - terribly complicated.
hans-karl

Post by hans-karl »

Thanks! I'm looking in my old savegames to see where I can return at this point.
:)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

I believe the zip file contains a text file named "Paranoid Secrets.txt", which outlines the method to reach the secret level.

Unfortunately, because the maps are not intended to be played with a pistol start, warping to Map06 may increase the difficulty level. You will not enter the map with your weaponry and armor from Map05. Perhaps you can warp, and use the console to give yourself some weaponry. [The weapon names are 'crowbar', 'beretta', 'pshotgun', 'arifle', 'python', and 'rpglauncher'.] In this way, you'll have a fighting chance at the start.

Like most of the other levels, it is very non-linear. But explore it for yourself and see what you think.

Return to “Persecution Complex”