Chronoteeth's mods of great wonder

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Important things come first, unimportant - last. Pick-ups are next on the list though, so do not fret.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Here's an old WW-XM review that I forgot to finish, again, putting up for possible completion.

[spoiler]Name:WW-XM
Reviewer:Chronoteeth (chronoteeth@gmail.com)
Mod creator: Wild Weasle
For: ZDoom 63a and the 90's

Wild Weasle's very nice and flexable WW-XM mod got a big beef up in every doom gaming department besides levels. You gotta check this one out, you can't belive it.
--------------------------------
On key 1: 1 weapon
Weapon 1: Shovel
Ah the shovel, pretty yes? Well, I gotta say, I love using this for CC (Close combat). This think is just plain fun to use, it has an increased Hit-rate, good for getting a few whacks in before the enemy hits you, it has great power (and even more powerful with beserk, I belive I killed an imp in one hit with beserk) and the best WHACK sound that you have ever heard. Also, the graphics are pretty good, I belive they are from Medal of Honor, and the blowback is great. No hitscan.

OVERALL: 10/10, I love this thing so much, it's wonderful.

POWER: Very high-close, N/A-far
RANGE: CC
AMMO USE: N/A
ROF: Med-High
GRAPHICS: Good
SOUND: Excellent
USEFULNESS: High
AMMO TYPE: N/A
SPREAD: N/A
ENEMY BLOWBACK: Great
HIT SCAN: N/A
On key 2: 2 weapons
Weapon 1: Mag-sec pistol
This is a bit of a strange one. It fires 2 bullets for one shot. Hmm, odd, but the pistol does look like it has 2 barrels, which it got from... well, can seem to remember now, but it was from a 3d shooter. Sound is pretty good, a nice powerful sound, and much better than the last sound (the last sound was from perfect darks mag-sec pistol). To counter-balance the 2 rounds per shot, this pistol has increased damage and a pretty good ROF, and a great enemy blowback, plus a pin-point hit scan.

OVERALL: 9.5/10, A little bit strange having 2 shots come from 1 barrel, but a great gun none the less

POWER: High-all ranges
RANGE: Long
AMMO USE: 2 per shot
ROF: Medium
GRAPHICS: Fair
SOUND: Great
USEFULNESS: Fair
AMMO TYPE: Mag-sec clips
SPREAD: Very low-all ranges
ENEMY BLOWBACK: Great
HIT SCAN: Pin-point
Weapon 2: Doom assault rifle
This is fucking awesome, I love it so much. The graphics are superb, using scuba steve's assault rifle graphics, this is one fine firearm. The sounds are typical firing sounds that i've heard before, and they were great. The ROF is a nice high level, with 3 round burst per click, and continuous fire per holding. It's hard to use this though, as the spread is very high. I suggest using this in close quarters like a shotgun, so be careful of it. Also, th enemy blowback is surprizingly good for each shot you get, blows em back pretty good, and wonderful repeated blowback on rapid fire, plus, it's pretty good on it's horizontal hit scan.

OVERALL: 10/10, Amazing graphics and sound, and a blast to use in CC.

POWER: Med-high-close, fair-long
RANGE: Short
AMMO USE: Machine-3 per shot
ROF: High
GRAPHICS: Excellent
SOUND: Good
USEFULLNESS: High
AMMO TYPE: Mag-sec clips
SPREAD: Low-close, High-far
ENEMY BLOWBACK: Good-1 shot, excellent- rapid fire
HIT SCAN: Horizontal
On key 3: 2 weapons
Weapon 1: Spaz 12
Ah, a spaz 12, one of the finest shotguns ever. It uses modified spaz 12 graphics from an old jaguar game. They actually have been edited so now it's black instead of brown. I like the brown more, but this is pretty good as well: I apsolutly love the sound, it's a sound that sounds like it makes a serious impact, followed by a nice "click-click" sound. The spread is very big, much like the plain SSG, but with 1 shot per spread, plus the power is excellent at CC (note: not so useful at long). To counter-balance this, pumping this weapon is a little long. The enemy blowback on this thing is astounding! It blows the enemy so far! You'd swear that you were using the RPG when your see how far it shoots the enemy backwards, and the hit scan is an awesome cone hit scan. A good gun to use, and it is quite useful.

OVERALL: 9.75/10, I kinda liked the brown more, but this is still pretty great.

POWER: Excellent-close, medium-long
RANGE: Very short
AMMO USE: 1 per show
ROF: Slow
USEFULLNESS: High
AMMO TYPE: Shotgun shells
SPREAD: Low-close, Very high-far
BLOWBACK: Legendary
HIT SCAN: Cone
Weapon 2: Pancor Jackhammer
Looks like someone loves autos. Anyways, I gotta hand it to ya WW, you do really know how to choose your weapons, and this has to be one of the most useful firearms I used during my daily romp on UV. The pancor jackhammer is made up of some really awesome graphics from the game "Delta storm: Land warrior" and a pretty nice muzzle fire too as well. The sounds are like a deep "POW" sound, and they are really nice to listen to as you kill hell's minions. Now, this is where it balances out with the other shotgun, it is an automatic gun, and the ROF is sort of like this "POW....POW....POW....POW" ROF, but you see, it only has a 5 pellet horizontal spread, meaning it's less powerful than the last shotgun, but it's fast, so you can see that you'll be switching them often. The blowback is also good too. Power is pretty good at CC, and surprizingly well at long, and the hit scan is a nice horizontal spread. You will love this gun a lot.

OVERALL: 10/10, a very useful firearm at every subject of guns.

POWER: High-close, medium-far
RANGE: Medium
AMMO USE: Machine-1 per shot
ROF:Med-high
GRAPHICS: Great
SOUND: Great
USEFULLNESS: Very high
AMMO TYPE: Shotgun shells
SPREAD: Low-close, Med/high-long
BLOWBACK: Great
HIT SCAN: Horizontal
On key 4: 2 weapons
Weapon 1: B.A.R
I bet you wouldn't of suspected to see an old weapon in here now wouldn't ya? Anyways, the B.A.R, as I remember, was one of the more useful firearms for the americans during WWII. Anyways, the B.A.R (or browning automatic rifle) is actually quite useful. The bar has a pin-point hit scan, so you'll rarely need to worry about hitting your target from a far, but actually it's a little bit hard to get your target during CC. Ammo is actually .45 B.A.R ammo, not mag-sec clips, so be careful of ammo for this one, as it becomes rare later on. The B.A.R, while a fully auto weapon, is a little slow. The graphics are a little buggy, but great none the less, and the sound is a nice "Needle shot" type of sound. Power is well, with a nice good blowback as well, and don't forget a wonderful range. A nice weapon to keep handy.

OVERALL: 9.5/10, pretty good, just a little bit pixely graphics.

POWER: Medium-close, medium-far
RANGE: Very high
AMMO USE: Machine-1 per shot
ROF: High
USEFULLNESS: Medium
AMMO TYPE: .45 B.A.R Clips
SPREAD: Low-close, low-far0
BLOWBACK: Good
HIT SCAN: Pin-point[/spoiler]

Another one, quicky. I might finish later.

[spoiler]Name: LowTech Weapons
Creator: Captain Red
For: Zdoom (any version)
Review by: Chronoteeth
Type: Quick

Ok, here's a new thing in reviews I like to call "quicky". It will still be good and through, but not as big or in-depth as my WW-XM review. Anyways, let's see what we got!

ON KEY 1: 2 weapons
------------------
WEAPON 1: Knife
A pretty cool looking knife for a fist replacement. It's a little weak, and the frames move slow, this making it look like your not doing any damage at all besides pokeing them. Only use if out of ammo, and don't have the 2nd key 1 weapon yet.

Weapon score: 4/10[/spoiler]
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

New PC, New problem. Halp :(

Also how do I bind my middle mouse button to open tabs in firefox?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Install the OpenAL drivers included with EDGE.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Well, shit.

Visplane_Overflow

Post by Visplane_Overflow »

EDGE abandoned the software renderer yonks ago - it was taking them too much time to screw around with and update. If you want to play, you need a 3D video card.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Or update the drivers. Which I did. Which worked. Which made me :D.
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

this mesage mark's instaled default win driver's for vga..no d3d or open_gl functional ?
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

I can use those graphics now if you would please do so hitmanx :P

Oh, and don't forget that other gun snarboo!
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Just gots to say that 2 days ago was my birfdai :3
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

congrats
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

I'm rather annoyed with this bug i've encountered, and I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help?

Last edited by Chronoteeth on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:20, edited 1 time in total.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Return to “Development Journals”