The Wars of Alioth

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

HOLY SHIT

SOMEONE SLAP ME

Work has actually resumed on those dual firing pistols. With the whole Inventory hacks trick, I've been able to pull it off, in theory anyway. I'm still taking graphics out and reversing them to make everything work, but once done I'll apply it to a different set of pistols. Oh yeah, and you'll get to taste that in the Armory Resource WAD as well.

After this, I'd better toy with the knife a bit and then run off to start harmonicizing all the stuff required for...

GUNS GUNS REVOLUTION!

Edit: The gun is here. Get the dual Glocks (link dead) I didn't add the +WeapSpec1 key to the menu or the Action_Reload. But those are what you use to fire and reload the left pistsol.

Opinions on whether I should have ammo displays for the guns? I'm thinking of delegating that task to Global ACS so I can use HUDMessage.
Last edited by DoomRater on Sun Sep 03, 2006 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

DoomRater wrote:HOLY SHIT

SOMEONE SLAP ME
/me slaps DoomRater around with a large ax

Though this sounds neat from what you've been saying on IRC :P
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Okay, I totally should have done this yesterday, but I'm uploading the version that has the corrected menu configs. I figure people should at least be able to set up the keys from Options!

http://rapidshare.de/files/31827923/glock_db.wad

Ignore the other link, it's dead now.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Oh dear, not just the time I have spent NOT working on GGR, but I seem t have found a bug in the dual glocks I have no real way to correct. Basically, if the player dies while firing the left gun, the gun will remain firing until it runs out of ammo. I need a way to remove certain inventory items on death to correct this...

Return to “Development Journals”