Zero Tolerance

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Oooh I have my hand raised! plz!
TawmDee

Post by TawmDee »

I am totally interested here.
Zero Prophet

Post by Zero Prophet »

*a hop, a skip, and a bump...*

Greetings, fellow... uh... fellowship members. As my well of greeting variations begins to run dry, so do my excuses. After a three-or-so month period, I have decided to ascend from oblivion for unknown reasons. Although I am unsure of how long my current visit shall be, I have some news to share whilst I am in the current frame of mind.

No matter what the method behind the madness consists of, the real interest in this discussion is the content. Yes, I have defied all odds and made some notable progress to my mod, finally completing the weapon roster. In the event that your retinas are aching of hunger, feel free to "feast your eyes" on the content herein:

ImageImage
ImageImage
("Beavertooth" Chainsaw -- Jason would be Jealous.)

ImageImage
ImageImage
("Zero" and "Infinity" -- Mass Destruction, Twice as Nice.)

As the new revelations... reveal, Z&I sport a rather spiffy custom model. Sadly, as I have recently recieved news of, our beloved NMN has departed from our midst for a greater purpose. Alas, I did not arrive in time to bid him farewell, but still he shall be missed greatly. For a stranger purpose, I believe that my weapon request just may have been his final contribution to the community at large... a bit of an odd feeling, no doubt. Although I have no means to carry on his legacy, I'd like to at least get this long-overdue project completed, so his work will not have been in vain. Perhaps, out of all fairness, I should also release his original Z&I rendition to the general population. But as I have modified and customized the animations so greatly for my own purposes, maybe it would be better off to delay the resources until the full mod is released. Ah, well, I wouldn't want to rob everyone of NMN's final piece of work. Off to the resources forum, I wander...

As a seperate note, I thank you greatly, everyone who has taken the time to test the alpha release and for the excellent comments and suggestions. I promise to get this mammoth modification completed eventually, even if Hell freezes over before then.

Until next time, stay tuned.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I wait with bated breath for the release of your wondrous mod.

...oh, and I stole your smoke effects.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Finish this or I will have to beat you over the head with a oversized garuatorn. What ever the Hell a gauatorn is, I do not know
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

The sprites in this mod look awesome, hopefully the actual weapons will be nice as well :P, can't wait tell it's released.

Post by Alter »

I can't wait for this mod :)
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

oh SNAP!

looks good.
Zero Prophet

Post by Zero Prophet »

Wow. Amazing how time flies, isn't it?

Well, I have been waiting for who knows how long now for the latest official release of ZDoom, but nothing has come of it. Thus, Zero Tolerance has unfortunately been sitting around lazily until the time comes. I've *got* to change that, so...

I'm posting up the current Gamma Release for the public to view. A few things are still not working right (the super weapon's altfire is crippled and a few monster spawns are weird), but it's otherwise fully playable. Have fun, and hopefully the true release will see the light of day soon enough. Just make sure to take a sneak peek at the story (zp-zeros.txt). I read through this again and I'm still amazed at how I was able to write it. ;)

EDIT: Filexoom is back, so I changed the download link to prevent Xaser from bothering me any further. Joy!
Last edited by Zero Prophet on Sat Apr 07, 2007 19:23, edited 2 times in total.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Unfortunately, even after downloading the file several times, it comes out corrupt every time. Try sendspace, megaupload, or (shudder) rapidshare - while they are less tolerable, they are at least a tiny bit more reliable.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

gigeshare is a nice one too, and if you compress it enough, reupload is really good too.
Zero Prophet

Post by Zero Prophet »

I've Sendspaced them now (as well as the mods in the ciRRus thread), so hopefully that will work. I'll keep the others in mind as well. Thanks for the assistance, and now... possible feedback?
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Is the alt fire for the big bfg going to be a blackhole gun? Because it reminds me alot of one. Also, the HMG's firing sounds could be a fad bit beefier.

This mod is so darn awesome, it's jawsome. Kinda is a turn off to me in relation to modding though. :(
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

i tested gama relase on zdoom ZDOOM 2.1.7 (r366) working fine, i testing on pwad from dw newstuf chronicles ..
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Very very awesome mod. Although i think there should be a starting melee weapon, like a plank of wood or something mabye. But awesome work, smooth animations. Top stuff! :D

Return to “Development Journals”