DuduKrazy's Mod Journal

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Visplane_Overflow

Post by Visplane_Overflow »

'Chibi' rocket launcher? Aww shit. Why not call it the "Kawaiiii!!! ^________^ ROCKET RAUNCHERUUUU"
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- Reduced the Chibi Rocket Launcher's damage to a more acceptable level.

- Walljumping should be a lot easier to perform now. But this have a cost. I had to remove the player footsteps.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- Remade the Fullscreen HUD and the Desert Eagles sprites.

- Added a new teleporter fog

- Fixed a bug which caused the Katana alternate attack to trigger a splash.

- Improved the RPG-8 and Chibi rocket trails. (based on Lioyd Irving's Jdoom rocket trail code)
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- Two more little bugs fixed.

- Added new ammo and medkit pickups
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- One more bug fixed

- Remade the Fusion Cannon projectile and the RPG-8 hud weapon sprites. They should look much better now!

I uploaded an updated beta version! Go to the Releases section for the download link!
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- Remade the fists and added some new attacks.

- New crosshair added.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- You'll no longer take friendly fire from the allied marines.
Janitor
Persecution Complex

Post by Janitor »

can we expect to see a download of the updated version?
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

yes
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

New bugfix version is up. go to the Releases section for the download link!
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- i decided to scrap the jetpack and reimplement the UACRV* from the early versions of the mod. This time it will be a new player class rather than just a summonable "weapon".

º This new class cannot pickup and/or use any other weapons aside from the starting one. I will give this starting weapon infinite ammo and an alternate fire mode.

º Using the IDKFA/IDFA cheats, as well as the "give weapons" console command will no longer give all the weapons as i used the +CHEATNOTWEAPON flag on all the weapons except on the UACRV's starting weapon. I had to do this because i could still use the other weapons when using the codes while playing as the ship.

* stands for UAC Reconaissance Vehicle. Uses a modified Recon Car sprite from Duke Nukem 3D and the cockpit from Battlecruiser 3000AD. (the ship's cockpit is the only good thing about this game.)
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- I finally found a way to switch to a player class at any time.
I made a powerup based on the Kittylator that when used, you'll immediately switch to the UACRV. In an early stage of the mod
development, i already had such idea but i found it too hard to implement and then i decided to scrap it.

Implementing the basic part was easy, but half the battle. I soon came across some heavy bugs:

when the powerup runned out or you had exited a level while still transformed, you could still fly and had the other class's weapon. And when you runned out of ammo, the other class's weapon
was automatically switched to.

Then i decided to make a script that takes away this weapon once you transform into the modified DoomMarine class again. I just tested the new powerup this morning and so far, i succeeded on
implementing this new concept.

The reason why i decided to do it is simple: i felt it was weird to fly a ship on the original Doom levels, given that most of these levels are all about indoor areas and tight hallways.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updated beta version is out. go to the Releases section for more details

Updates:

- New Powerup Added: UACRV Radio.

- Changed one of the allied marines sprites. Male version
now uses the Commando sprite. (i'm not sure about where the sprite came from. i think it's from LameDuke.
i saw it in this thread: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... y&start=45)

- some small bug fixes which i can't remember right now.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- With a little help from MartinHowe (from the ZDoom forums), i managed to fix a bug which caused the teleporter beacon to spawn when morphing and unmorphing.

- New weapon added: MP-10 SMGs.

A very rare weapon dropped by the SS guys. Has a high ammo consumption and rate of fire. Slightly weaker than the RP-36 Assault Rifle. Sprites from Duke 64 and sounds from Shadow Warrior (the Uzis).

- New screenshots added!

Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Man, that AR just doesn't look right, and I miss the old shotgun. Those were fun.

Return to “Development Journals”