Lizardcommando's mods journal

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

lizardcommando

Re: Lizardcommando's mods journal

Post by lizardcommando »

This is one of the videos I made to celebrate the release of Beta 13 of my mod. It's supposed to be a cheesy 30-second commercial. The Flash movie took 3 days to make. The other video is going to be an ingame movie showcasing the Vanguarder MK3 and the Cowboy Lizards in action.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Alright, here's the new video. It's a short video showing the Vanguarder MK3 robot in action. Unfortunately, the frame rate is a bit choppy.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

This update has nothing to do with The Exterminator, but it is news on a new mod.

For my final project in my Intro to Digital Media class at San Jose State University, I'm trying to make a GZDoom Doom mod that basically changes Doom from an ultra-violent blood bath into a kid-friendly (age group is around age 6 and under) exploring game.

Here are some old screenshots:

I'm going to get a video of it later this week.

The objective of this mod is to collect three shapes: a red square, blue circle and yellow triangle. Once you collect them, you can press the middle switch to lower a platform, allowing you to collect the special prize to win the game.

The mod only has one level to it. I probably won't do much with this mod anymore. I'm going to use most of the textures for my Exterminator mod as a part of a texture pack for it. Anyways, go check it out here.

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... search.zip
Last edited by lizardcommando on Sun May 16, 2010 2:15, edited 2 times in total.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

He he, cute. :)
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I was just messing around with some old HUD resources tonight and I this is what I came up with:

Here's an alternate version of the new HUD:

I kind of like this one, but I'll probably fix it some more by getting rid of most of those gray boxes. This HUD's design was heavily inspired by the Metal Slug HUD.

Here's the current HUD just for comparison.

Should I go ahead and replace the current one with the new one or should I just keep the current one?
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Well, all I've really done since my last update was mess with the HUD just a tad bit, then threw in a sentry gun item which replaces the Invisibility Sphere. The sentry gun isn't very smart at the moment, but they work.

I'll try to release a beta for this soon, most likely in a week or two weeks depending on how busy things get here. By the way, would anyone be interested in having classes in this mod? Some classes will have weapons that are exclusive to them (IE the Cowboy Lizard classes starts off with a Revolver, the LSMC Grunt starts off with an M4A1, etc.)
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I'm just going to go ahead and upload the new version without the commercial. That's taking a lot longer than I thought to make it...

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... beta14.zip

So here's the rundown of what to expect for this version.
  • *Brand New Unique Classes:
    The Exterminator Player (Default guy, comes equipped with the .45 Pistol)
    LSMC-Grunt (comes equipped with a unique weapon, the M4-A1 Assault Rifle)
    Marksman (comes equipped with an Infantry Rifle)
    Cowboy Lizard (comes equipped with a unique weapon, the Revolver)
    Spec-Ops Soldier (comes equipped with two unique weapons, the Silenced Machine Pistol and the Silenced Tactical Pistol)

*The Fullscreen HUD is completely redone.
    *Lowered the number of shells you can load in the Combat Shotgun from 8 to 6.
    *Lowered the number of max shells you can carry.

It's up from 50 to 30 without backpack and 100 to 80 with backpack.
    *Increased the max amount of ammo you can carry for the Charge Blaster and Flamethrower.
    You can carry up to 200 without the backpack and 400 with the backpack for the Charge Blaster and you can carry up to 300 without the backpack and 600 with the backpack for the Flamethrower.
    *Brand new inventory item, the Sentry Turret!
    *Completely redesigned and revamped the Charge Cannon (Now called the Charge Blaster)!

New Decorate coding courtesy of Doomrater. Now you can hold down the Alt-fire button to charge the weapon!
There are still a few bugs in it (namely the revolver and charge blaster) but as far as everything else goes, it all works. So go and try it out folks!
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Holy shit, it's been ages since I've posted anything here.

Guess what guys? There's a new beta available! Here's what's new since the last update was posted:

*The Exterminator is now called Lizard Squad!
*Changed the max ammo for the .45bullets from 100 without backpack to 200 and 200 with backpack to 400.
*Tweaked the health on most of the enemies.
*Tweaked the strength for most weapons.
*Gave the new classes starting armor except for the Default class.
*The coding for the Revolver is fixed.
*New seesounds for the Military Officer, Shotgunner, SMG Trooper and Bazookaguy.
*Sped up the reloading speed for the Combat Shotgun, 9MM SMG, Akimbo SMGs, the Machinepistol and the Tactical Silenced Machinepistol.
*The Special Forces Soldier class starts off with more .45 Ammo.
*Now there's a Rideable vehicle: The LVArmor! (replaces the Megasphere)
*The Custom Classes have their own unique sounds!
*Changed the Default Player skin to a walking Helilizard.
*Custom Cast Call works for the most part.

Here are some new videos (ok, two of them are kind of old, but it's still relevant.)
Here's the link to the mod.
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... ad-b3a.zip
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Return to “Development Journals”