Lizardcommando's mods journal

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I have the classic HUD resized to 320 x 22. It's a bit incomplete though. The text I have in place for it could use some polishing... The Fullscreen ZDoom HUD is going to use the default Doom texts, so there's no need to worry about that.

So yeah, does anyone want to help me with the custom HUDs?
Attachments
I guess the text could use some polishing...
I guess the text could use some polishing...
stbar.png (1.58 KiB) Viewed 7939 times
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Umm... yeah. I still haven't done shit with the Robot enemy that's supposed to replace the Baron of Hell...
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Oh yeah, so I just finished drawing the sprites for the casings. Does anyone want to help code it into the mod?
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Woooow.... Someone was actually bold enough to blatantly steal my mod and make it their own without telling me. The worst thing is that he didn't even bother changing alot of the stuff like the Heavy Machinegun (it remained unchanged).

http://www.arcades3d.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=8578

It's all in Spanish and I haven't the slightest fucking clue what is being said there. Can anyone translate?

Honestly, I was a bit flattered and kind of annoyed. I didn't think anyone would be bold enough to do this to my mod when the artstyle for that is so unique. The very least this kid could have done was tell me about this mod first before releasing it...
Last edited by lizardcommando on Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:42, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I attempted to decipher a Google-translated version of the page - turns out the original poster is 30 years old, and openly admitted to stealing your mod after the rest of the forum called him out on it. The administrator of the forum seems to have taken action against him already, as well as the idiots that posted "OWNED" pictures.

A few posts down, somebody actually posts a link to your ZDoom Forums thread about this mod, so it appears that justice has been adequately served.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Wait a second... Are telling me that this guy was actually impersonating the kid?! Geez... This guy contacted me saying it was his son that made the mod. Damn, now I'm fucking confused.

Yeah, the graphics are pretty bad, even by my standards. These aren't as bad as ICD-Lizards, but they are still pretty bad...
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Does anyone have any clue as to why my Fullscreen HUD only works in GZDoom and not in ZDoom?

Code: Select all

statusbar fullscreen
{
drawimage "MEDIA0", 20, 196;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, health, 80, 180;
drawimage armoricon, 20, 167;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, armor, 80, 156;
drawimage ammoicon1, 306, 196;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, ammo1, 295, 180;
drawimage ammoicon2, 306, 167;
drawnumber 3, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, ammo2, 295, 156;
drawmugshot "STF", 5, 155, 166;
gamemode deathmatch, teamgame
{
drawnumber 2, HUDFONT_DOOM, red, frags, 276, 1;
}
gamemode cooperative, singleplayer
{
drawswitchableimage BlueCard, "nullimage", "STKEYS0", 308, 112;
drawswitchableimage YellowCard, "nullimage", "STKEYS1", 308, 122;
drawswitchableimage RedCard, "nullimage", "STKEYS2", 308, 132;
drawswitchableimage BlueSkull, "nullimage", "STKEYS3", 298, 112;
drawswitchableimage YellowSkull, "nullimage", "STKEYS4", 298, 122;
drawswitchableimage RedSkull, "nullimage", "STKEYS5", 298, 132;
}
drawselectedinventory INDEXFON, 306, 148;
}

By the way, does the standard Custom HUD have to be a certain size or can it be any size?

I tried messing around with the SBARINFO for the standard HUD, but it's still looking like ass. Plus it won't show up if I have the borders removed. What can I do to fix all this crap?
Attachments
fucked up Standard HUD FTL :(
fucked up Standard HUD FTL :(
Screenshot_Doom_20080330_140538.png (248.98 KiB) Viewed 7850 times
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Ehh... maybe I should stop working on this mod for a while... I've kinda lost my motivation for this... consider this mod on a temporary hiatus...
Visplane_Overflow

Post by Visplane_Overflow »

Damn.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Oh yeah, here's this other video of this one GZDoom "joke" mod I was working on a while ago and then stopped and then worked on it again and then stopped again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mzZ0wi9UHc

Oh, and here's a video of me playing UACLABS with The Exterminator. You get to see the new Barney Calhoun Lizards sprites in action along with some brief in-game footage of the Medic Lizards and the new custom Fullscreen HUD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT5A3LMWL1Y
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

FUCK! My custom HUD still isn't fucking showing up in ZDoom! I even upgraded to the latest SVN too! What the hell is going on?!
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Can someone help me with the shell casings and dropped magazine? I've been trying to mess around with this for some time and I still can't figure this out.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I've done jack shit with my mod, but I have uploaded some concept art for this robot I was making called the Vanguarder. Sorry about the quality of the scans. The scanner I have is kinda crappy.

Original Concept Art
Concept Art 1
Concept Art 2
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

It's pretty fucking hot right now and I still haven't done much shit with this mod. I might not have time next week due to Finals to get this shit started, but hopefully after all that shit is done, things will get rolling again. Anyways, here's what I need to do:

• *Finish the Vangaurder robot
    *Remake the Trenchcoat Lizard
    *Implement shell casings and dropped magazines
    *Fix the HUD (Fullscreen and Classic style HUD)

I can do the first two on my own (although they'll take a long time to do) but I am going to need help with the last two things. Anyone want to be a cool person and help me?

Aside from that, I made two short Flash movies for the MGS Collab project over at Newgrounds. I hope mine makes it in.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I could try to help with the status bar, but I'll warn that I haven't caught up with the latest advances in SBARINFO, so...

Return to “Development Journals”