JacKThERiPPeR's 'Code JtR' Journal

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

JacKThERiPPeR

JacKThERiPPeR's 'Code JtR' Journal

Post by JacKThERiPPeR »

My first journal here. Enjoy.

This is about...

CODE JTR

12/07/2006 - 0:17~
Well, progress is going upwards since Xaser let me borrow some graphicsfrom Zen Dynamics (like the case of the Heavy Assault Rifle). All I've doneso far is the following:
  • Add Title music and the MAP01 music.
  • Create a piece of the first level.
  • Create the Bert 96mm pistol from Cronoteeth's (?) model of a pistol.
  • Create the Combat Knife from an image from Google.
  • Create a hud face of the main character (JacKThERiPPeR).
  • Add effects like lightning, smoke, etc. to some weapons.
  • Borrow the Assault Rifle from Zen Dynamics (thanks Xaser), and naming it "UAC Covert Ops. Heavy Assault Rifle".
  • Pick up from the forums some sprites of a black assault rifle and using them as the "UAC Marine Ops. Assault Rifle".
  • Add player sounds based on Quake III's Biker.
  • Put a background story about it (more info below).
  • Making a few sprites of Doctor Malcohm Betruger.
  • Adding the UAC Combine from the Human Resource Wad Rifle Marine.
  • And adding a palette, sounds, and stuff I don't mention.
Anyways, here's the background story, along with the design of the weapon order:
The TC tells the story of JacKThERiPPeR, a converse Ripper and a UAC marine.
The UAC has developed a portal to Uranus, just to convert it into UAC's next project: Earth IV. Suddenly, an imminent invasion of rare species began. It was the demons. Not Baphomet this time. It is about Jazan An'Arud, the King of Rippers, who planned this invasion long before, after the war between Earth and Limbo started. It was because of a scientific called Malcohm Betruger, who changed the coordinates of the portal to bring the destination to Hell.

JacKThERiPPeR must save the world from his own race. No matter the cost.

And the weapon order:
1. Combat Knife
2. Bert 96mm
3. SLAM Portable Shotgun/UAC SDS
4. UAC Marine Op. Assault Rifle
5. UAC Covert-Ops Heavy Assault Rifle
6. KS M-645
7. UAC Auxiliar Hand Grenades
8. CABALCO Bugs-Be-Gone
9. CABALCO DeathRay Gun

Weapon design:

Combat Knife: A slight offensive weapon, not so great for offense, but well for stealth tactics.
Bert 96mm: Used by the security guards of the UAC and the novice marines for training, the Bert 96mm is a brand new weapon from Bert Industries. Actually not a very offensive weapon, but well done in the terms of accuracy.
SLAM Portable Shotgun: SLAM Industries, time ago, released a new weapon prototype called SLAM Portable Shotgun. This baby can blow up some brains instantly, and no need of pumps. This pumps automatically with a perfect system, making it fast. Unfortunately, it isn't a great deal versus big enemies.
UAC SDS: The UAC Self-Defense Shotgun is only used by commanders and high chiefs in the UAC army. But this can blow up the entire body of a victim. With the speed of a regular shotgun and the strength of a gorilla punch, this is the perfect weapon for your hunting day.
UAC Marine Ops. Assault Rifle: Precise, but not dangerous. This is actually used in marine missions around the Universe by privates, in times of war versus the Rippers.
UAC Covert Ops. Heavy Assault Rifle: Quite a great offensive versus a huge enemy, but not very accurate. It fires the bullets as the shotgun does, so it's not accurate. Reccomended for close-combat.
KS M-645: With the shape of a regular sniper rifle, this isn't a regular sniper. This is KS M-645. From Kleiner Industries, this brings the perfect accuracy to your hands. Just shoot, and BOOM HEADSHOT! Actually, it uses the same technology as the Railgun used in the Quake Arena, which the UAC took part inesperately.
UAC Auxiliar Hand Grenades: Made in the Mars City Underground, these can be used for instant assault to massive armies. It's explosion causes instant unrecoverable bursts into the skin of the enemy, causing them to loose blood instantly.
CABALCO Bugs-Be-Gone: Time ago, an enterprise called CABALCO made an artifact to kill bugs, rats, and other infests. Now in bankrupt, it is used as a flamethrower by the gangs of the cities.
CABALCO DeathRay Gun: As said before, CABALCO made several weapons used only in the future, after it's bankrupcy. The DeathRay Gun is used for instant heart attack of every lifeform ever existed. Unfortunately, this is a prototype, and after CABALCO got it tested on humans, it was illegal.

Comment. On the meanwhile, here are some screens of what I've made so far.

hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

looks nice, apart from the obvious AA issues on the pistol. And..Yellow arms? almost looks like gordans H.E.V suit from half life. If thats what your going for than you need to get rid of his hairs lol.
JacKThERiPPeR

Post by JacKThERiPPeR »

@hitmanx: Yes. Yellow arms. Because the main character is a captive Ripper (some kind of Iron Maiden Eddie) from the UAC. He doesn't actually have a HEV suit or something, so it isn't necessary removing it's hair.
JacKThERiPPeR

Post by JacKThERiPPeR »

14/07/2006 - 4:07~

It's been a short while since I fixed the AntiAliasing from a few sprites, like the knife ones and the Bert others.

Screen:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3609/doom0039bj0.png

Anyways, is it me or I just add more stuff to the Mini-TC? I mean, I added a Fast Imp, a UAC Combine, Betruger and Swann. What's next? Making a mix-up of every thing ever known, like DooM 3 or F.E.A.R.?

Oh well.
MaxPower8905

Post by MaxPower8905 »

The HUD face could be better. Maybe you should base it off of the Somewhere in Time Eddie, I always thought he would make a kick ass FPS character. Anyway, I'm looking foward to playing this one. A mod where you get to play as a character based off of Eddie is good in my book. :P
JacKThERiPPeR

Post by JacKThERiPPeR »

Thanks, but anyways, I'll keep that HUD face and that character, because it's just what represents in my "virtual form" of JacKThERiPPeR (ATTN: NOT my AVATAR).

Return to “Development Journals”