Hitman X's very slow mod journel!

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

hitmanx

Hitman X's very slow mod journel!

Post by hitmanx »

Greetings one and all. This is my mod journel. I am working on a mod, i'm a very slow worker so don't expect updates every day lol.

This is what i've got so far, hope you like it,

P.S - I know the original duke 3d pistol is very unsmooth compared with the rest of the weaponary but it was a test really.

P.P.S - I only learned about a week ago how to mod, so go easy.

I am yet to do..

-Shells, clips, smoke etc.
-MORE WEAPONS!!
:twisted:

damn, the file is just over.

MOOLOAD TO THE RESCUE!

http://hyperupload.com/download/0243825b81/axe.zip.html

*replaced link..should work now.

THIS MOD IS FOR EDGE
Last edited by hitmanx on Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:34, edited 1 time in total.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Replace the DN3D sounds since they're horrible. Also, why don't you just give the player one of the pistols instead of both? All the 12-clip one does is drain reserve ammo.

Also, it'd would be helpful if you stated what port it was for as well: I originally tried to run it in ZDoom and only realised it was for EDGE when I looked at the console output which chatisised the WAD for having DDFWEAP in the sprites namespace.
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

500 - Internal Server Error :shock:
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Try hyperupload or gigeshare.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

sorry about that, and yeah i should have put the port sorry, oh and the duke3d pistol is just a test. I just wanted to see how it looked in doom, and i tried to eumulate the animations perfectly, came out pretty well. Then i changed the hands to whichaven ones, and now it looks bad, i need to replace it with a better pistol.

Oh there is a vague story line, doomguy from the future comes to the hero of witchavens town.
He has become over run and can simplily no longer face the onslaught of deamons, after just having wiped mars of aliens. He needs a break. And everyone in the future know's of Witchaven guy's heroic escapades, he slaughtered many a monster blah blah blah. Anyway doomguy comes to his town, teaches him about modern weponary and sends him back through the portal, unfourtunatley his arsenal of swords,axe's etc are scatered throughout so he'll have to find them as he goes along, so he's armed with only a dagger (YET TO BE PUT IN)

Here's the link

http://hyperupload.com/download/0243825b81/axe.zip.html
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Unknown format or damaged.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

It's still not working.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

ARGH!!!

ok i'll fix it tomorrow some time.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

uhh yeah, still haven't fixed that, havent worked on it in a while, can someon tell me somewhere else i can upload it, and also. How do you make random animations in edge. I tried to emulate wild weasels from ww-di, but i have no idea what ATTACK:13 and ATTACK:8 are. The rest seems to make sense

PUNG:A:0:NORMAL:JUMP(ATTACK:8,50%)

pung being the sprite name.
a the sprite letter
0 amount of time the frame is there
jump makes it jump to a frame. I've been learning from here:

http://i.domaindlx.com/firstgentc/ddf_online/index.htm

But when i looked at the JUMP part i couldent make sense of it.

so my question is what the hell is ATTACK:8,

I assume %50 is the chance of that animation playing when fire is presed.

And also how do you make sounds play randomly. Weasel also accomplished this.

PLAYSOUND(SWING?) - i don't get the question mark. Shoulden't there be some mention of the other sound it could possibabally play?

So somebody please help me!!

Weasel i'm lookng at you lol.

EDIT: DON'T WORRY!! i figured it out. the number is the number of frames before the next JUMP state :)...i think..anyway i got it.

I still don't know how to do random sounds though.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Name your sounds sequentially in DDFSFX (e.g BLAH1, BLAH2, BLAH3, BLAH4, etc.) and then when you want one of the random sound to be played play BLAH?
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

ok thanks man. I'm uploading my mod in progress now. Because i have another problem..Which actually turned out rarther cool.

I made a secondary attack. But with the JUMP in there it also jumps to the secondary attack. It's kinda cool but it's not what i want.

And also i put a play sound after the first JUMP state. But it doesen't play.

Can someone open up my mod and take a look at the ddf's please. Possibally someone who has used the JUMP state alot.

Also this has got to be my, best animated, best edited (drawing wise) and most complicated mod yet..Out of the whole 2 of them lol. And it's fun, i'm quite proud. Although it's nothing compared to the work on this site. And there are red parts over the sprites but you can't really notice unless you play with the brightness way up like me.

EDIT: Oh my god, seriously i should stop asking for help so quickly. All my problems were due to sloppiness. I missed out some commas, and accedently put LUMP_NAME=:"DSGRUNT1"

And so forth, when the : is not needed.

But here's the little mini mod completed for your enjoyment. I'll probabally change some sprite locations, but other than that it's finished, oh wait, i'll put some wall puff in and stuff. But i'll do that later, This mod is going to be a bare handed mod, no gloves at all. And modern weapons. No futuristic crap. Mostly clip weapons. But hopefully some bolt action shotguns in there

But don't expect this to be released soon, i'm a pretty slow worker lol.

heres the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VIHDJAA6

Oh whoops. I forgot to fix the draw animation.. Eh i'll fix it tomorrow it's 4am i better go to bed. So yeah. Draw animation is really bad. and has no sound. And also the grunting might seem a bit excessive and might get a lil annoying, but i wanted to use dark messiah sounds for the whole thing, so all player sounds will be from dark messiah so i have a sort of theme going. Peace fellas i'm outtie. Oh and this mod encoureges keeping your pimp hand strong, so use alt fire to bitch slap some imps :P
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I can probably help you with the jump states. I had to use them quite a bit for Luke Killem. As I understand it, in your example (ATTACK:8,50%), ATTACK is the object state you want to jump to, 8 is the frame in that state you want it to jump to, and the % is the random chance it will jump. I'll have to look at your mod before I can say anything else.

To do random sounds, have a series of sounds named sequentially(ie BLAH1, BLAH2, BLAH3) in SOUNDS.DDF. Then, when you put in your PLAYSOUND, put a question mark (BLAH?) in place of the number. I think TDA already covered this, but I thought this might help.
Last edited by Snarboo on Wed Dec 27, 2006 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I'm not seeing anything wrong with this. What's the problem you're having, hitman?

Unrelated, but would it be okay if I borrowed the sounds from this mod for my project? I think it would add a nice touch to hand-to-hand combat, heh.

Edit: Oh, I just realized that the bare hands mod you released isn't what you were having problems with. :oops:
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

hehe no problem, yeah i got everything fixed, i've got no problems no except the draw animation, i gotta fix that, just some sprite editing, what do you guys think of my sprite edits. Try to appreciate them in xwe rarther then edge, cause for some reason they have red patches in game. And yeah you can use these sounds, i got everything but the hitting sound from Dark Messiah Might And Magic. The hitting sounds were from ninjaduel for zdooml.

Return to “Development Journals”