I'M BACK.

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Snarboo

I'M BACK.

Post by Snarboo »

After a freakishly long hiatus, I decided to come back to the Doom editing scene. I've decided to return because I'm going on vacation to visit a dying relative, and the only game that my father's laptop can play is the original Doom. Sadly, my last two projects, Luke Killem and MS Paint Rebellion (my attempt at faking "cel-shading" in the Doom engine), are both dead, but I am planning on releasing the unfinished wads and resources for both. All resources are free to use for any project of yours, just please give credit where credit is due. :)

From the ashes of Luke comes a more original mod, however. It's going to be a traditional weapon mod for EDGE, nothing fancy, but I'm going to try to make it fun to play. :D It will also feature scraps from other unreleased projects.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Alright, here are the resources for my two canned projects. The Luke Killem resources were too big to attach, so you'll have to download from my angelcrap site. Keep in mind that the wad file for Luke has more resources than were in my project folder last time I messed with it. Remember, please give proper credit if you use any of these resources. :) The wad files for these two projects will be posted shortly.

Edit: Angelcrap site has been disabled. >:(
Last edited by Snarboo on Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:28, edited 1 time in total.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Luke Killem's canned? :(
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I'm still considering it. There's a good chance I'll wrap up the project. Anyone is welcome to finish it, though, once I release the wad files. :)

Edit: I should note that the character Luke Killem is not dead, and will be utilized in my next project.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Well, my angelcrap site has been disabled, so I have to find a new way to upload my resources and wad files. Any suggestions?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Start another Angelfire website, and make sure there's an index.html file uploaded to it (preferably saying something like "Coming soon!"). Angelfire will think there's actually a website uploaded there and will probably leave it alone.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Dude! that ms paint one rocks! that looks so good, your a great drawer, it actually looks like a hand. I think you should continue with that, it's cool as.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I would if I had the energy right now. It was a lot of fun to do, but also a lot of work. :)
Corrupted Marine

Post by Corrupted Marine »

Very awesome mspaint work. I cant do shit in paint. Im only good with paintshop. lol
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Hehe, it looks cel-shaded. I wish my MSPaint stuff was as good as this.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Preliminary work begins on my latest project, Commandos 2. Commandos 2 is not Commandos: Re-Action, which is the true sequal. Confused? Well, Commandos 2 is merely a reimagining of the original Commandos with better graphics and everything I've learnd about DDF since the original. I might change the title to something like Commandos HD along the way.

Current Weapon Roster
*1 - Melee
Includes: Hand-to-Hand Combat with PDK(Personal Defense Knife)
*2 - Pistols
Includes: UAC Caseless 9MM and C-Dartgun
*3 - Shotguns
Includes: R90 Pump-action and Schmidt AS-32
*4 - SMGs
Includes: M2SMG (The Midgets are back, baby! :p)
*5 - Rifles
Includes: MK88-AR and the Advanced LMG (No longer Water Cooled!)
*6 - Hi-Tech
Includes: MagRail and IGE
*7 - Heavy
Includes: Minigun
*Ammotypes are 9MM Caseless, Shotgun Shells, C-Sabot and 1CM Rail Charges

I'm going to use the original mod as a base for developement and change things out as necessary. If you have any questions, post here!
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Work continues on Commandos HD at a fairly steady pace, and I'm also starting a new project called Apocalypse WOW, WOW being an acronym for Weapons Of the Wasteland. More to come!
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

So it doesn't chronicle the end of World of Warcraft, leading to the suicide of hundreds of addicted people who can't face the real world?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Sadly, no, heh. :lol: It's my attempt at creating a weapons mod with post apocalyptic inspired setting and weaponry. The current story is about a soldier in a militia known as the Desert Guard who are fighting against the Northern Alliance who wield great technology in an oppressive way. I'm still ironing out the story, weapon set and monster roster, but so far it will have a mix of primitive, homebrew tech such as zipguns along with almost magical technology such as genetic mutation. It will use some resources from a few different places, such as Strife, Necrodome and Hacx.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

There aren't quite enough good post-apocalypse games or mods these days. All the good ones usually die off (The Wastes/Wasteland HL, anybody?).

Return to “Development Journals”