Kinsie's Land 'O' Plenty

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I get that same dying inside feeling when I notice people using ultrasmooth weapon frames and I wonder how in the world I'll ever keep up.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

SUPER KINSIE RANTY TIMES

1.) To the next person to use Doom64/PSX sounds in their WAD: POW CASTRATION
2.) Someone should port the Doom64 TC to GZDoom with real 3D floors rather than whatever weird hacky method the original game and Doomsday version uses.
3.) What's a good texture pack or game to get techbase textures? I'd use STARTAN or whatever E1 uses but I'd imagine half the community sees that in their goddamn SLEEP nowadays. Also, what are some simple, easy ways to increase map detail? (Don't even think of suggesting over-the-top copy-pasting - do I LOOK like I have numbers in my name?)
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Sprite trails are kinda cool and very Duke3dish I guess.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

mabye have them more constant, like if you fired a rocket i don't know if it would "puff" like that, it would most likey be a constant stream of smoke, i'm no weapons expert though, if you can pull that off i'm sure it would look awesome, mabye just make them spawn really close to each other, but that might look stupid and lag lots.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

If the rocket is moving very fast, then it'll appear spaced out like that even if it's emitting a puff for every tic.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

ahh i see, so if you made the puff sprite appear longer the effect would be possible?

Although it would be tricky to make it not look bad.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Anyone remember the Atari Jaguar?

No? Thought not.

Ripped from the Jag version of Wolf 3D.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Holy crap they did a spot-on job. If only all weapons were that detailed...
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

YES! I've been waiting for the Jaguar Wolfenstein weapons to get ripped properly!

Now if only we could get the rest of the Alien VS Predator weapons...as it stands right now, all we've got is the shotgun.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

I'd rip the rest of the weapons, but unfortunately using the equivelant of MIL to get all the weapons draws parts of the HUD (both keys and 999 bullets) over the gun sprite, so I'd have to redraw little bits and argh.

So here's one sprite I don't care to rip the second frame of right now. GEE I WONDER WHAT THIS IS EDITED OFF

Also the emulator I'm using makes horrible horrible sounds when Wolf3d is playing.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I always thought that rocket launcher looked more like a flashlight than anything.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Haha, I remember a mod awhile back in the same vain as WolfenDoom that had those ripped...I was wondering, would it be possible to get the parts of the hud? Like the mugshot? They had some unique mugshot pics not used in the PC version.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The Jaguar mugs are the same as the ones from the Mac version, if I remember.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

did you put the doom pistol in those pistol frames or is that how it is??

Cause i always thought that was a doom exculsive pistol. Those sprites look so sweet.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

wildweasel wrote:The Jaguar mugs are the same as the ones from the Mac version, if I remember.
Nope, they used the PC version ones, with some new shots.

Return to “Development Journals”