Kinsie's Land 'O' Plenty

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

The Kins

Kinsie's Land 'O' Plenty

Post by The Kins »

Every now and then, I go on a Doom stuff making spree. This thread is to document that.

The shotgun was ripped by Chronoteeth, but I edited the arm from Powerslave, which was a real pain for those cocking frames.

The MISSINGNO. gun. This will do all sorts of weird shit to enemies once I do the decorate code, like turn them into 99 armor bonuses, or transform them into a Cyberdemon and autosave.

New alternate Zombieman death sequence, drawn over a Wolf3d sprite.

Acid Imp - vomits highly-damaging gunk, forcing you to keep a safe distance. Ignore the poorly pallete-translated sprite, it's temp until I can be arsed to replace it.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Cool alt death animation for the zombieman.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

can we have the seprate frames for that shotgun pretty please!
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

hitmanx wrote:can we have the seprate frames for that shotgun pretty please!
Hell, why not? If I didn't want anyone to use it I wouldn't have made a perfectly clear GIF of it. :P

Also included the sounds...
Attachments
My Finished Shotgun.rar
Shotgun Model Rip: Chronoteeth
Hands: From Powerslave, with some Photoshopping by me.
Sounds: Outlaws and SiN.
(94.28 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

many thanks. Are you planning on making a little mini mod with this stuff, i'd love to see that alternate zombie death!

Also i think you should have used blood hands for the shotgun, take a look at the red queen beta for my m3 with blood hands, (actually everything has blood hands, but you know) they are much easier to work with.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Chrono ripped the original graphic for the shotgun, but I did the animations. I downloaded the model, then placed it into a model viewer for ripping. Just so you know. ;)
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Snarboo wrote:Chrono ripped the original graphic for the shotgun, but I did the animations. I downloaded the model, then placed it into a model viewer for ripping. Just so you know. ;)
Whoops, sorry bout that. Thanks!
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

hitmanx wrote:many thanks. Are you planning on making a little mini mod with this stuff, i'd love to see that alternate zombie death!
Funny you should mention this...

hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Nice, but what exactly did you change in the second screen, doomguy standing legs side by side, and a couple more explosions on the spidermaster mind, the first one looks cool, but they need to spray gibs as well i think, take a look at nashgore.wad, that has nice effects. I like the concept "Doom enhanced"

I look foward to this :)

I think the weapons should be bare handed as well, like the doomguy sprite..I don't see any gloves on him. But anyway, whatever, looks cool! :D
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

i liked the screens. but i think it's a april 1st joke.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

hitmanx wrote:Nice, but what exactly did you change in the second screen, doomguy standing legs side by side, and a couple more explosions on the spidermaster mind, the first one looks cool, but they need to spray gibs as well i think, take a look at nashgore.wad, that has nice effects. I like the concept "Doom enhanced"

I look foward to this :)

I think the weapons should be bare handed as well, like the doomguy sprite..I don't see any gloves on him. But anyway, whatever, looks cool! :D
1.) The Doomguy is altered to have a proper standing frame.
2.) The Spiderdemon and Cybie make big boomies when they die.
3.) Where can I find Nashgore?
4.) I'm not touching the weapons for now, for maximum compatibility.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

DuduKrazy wrote:i liked the screens. but i think it's a april 1st joke.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

i wish that you could upload gibbage.wad to rapidshare. i want to check it out by myself. i thought this would be a thing impossible to do. that's why i thought that was a April 1st joke.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

The Kins

Post by The Kins »

DuduKrazy wrote:i wish that you could upload gibbage.wad to rapidshare. i want to check it out by myself. i thought this would be a thing impossible to do. that's why i thought that was a April 1st joke.
It's not finished yet. :)

EDIT: Also, it requires 2.1.8, so I'm waiting until that is officially released.

Return to “Development Journals”