Kinsie's Land 'O' Plenty

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Unfortunately the emulator I use because Project Tempest isn't working on my crippled PC (Virtual Jaguar GPL) doesn't like Wolf3D very much, so the HUD mug is glitched.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Looks as if they just made side pain poses a la Doomguy
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

RAWKET LUNCHER FRAME 2 YAAAAI

The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Oh god, what have I done? Some things were not meant to be together!

(probably won't continue, as I have no idea how to replace class weapon spawns in hexen)

(also hexen kinda blows)

(admit it)
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

yeah i like hexen but i dunno, the levels are kinda boring, i could never really get into it. And look at that shotgun frame, i think we can all agree his hand is really quite retarted. Anyway, thats a pretty cool concept, and then you could do strife guy, and duke and blah blah blah.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Jeez, I slack off on Guns Guns Revolution and people wanna start doing stuff I intended before me! I'd better get my ass in gear...
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Last night a fit of boredom hit me and I started making a silly project inspired by the Boxhead flash games.

(shot from an early prototype - PLEASE ignore the map, it's just a quick and hasty edit of Ghostbusters Doom 2 MAP03 for prototyping purposes)

Basically, a horde of the homeless shall emerge from the alleys, corners and the like to take what's rightfully theirs. Your aim is simply to use the supplied weapons to survive as long as possible, and occasionally gain powerups, upgrades and extra weapons by killing lots of the marauding hobos, or possibly even "superhobos".

Anyone got any ideas for this one? It's really early on (no ACS yet, just decorate), so I'm open to anything.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

rarly they will throw a molotiv cocktail. That would just look cool i think.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

A good idea!

Currently I have hordes of homeless, and the occasional "Rabble Rouser", a friendly homeless (for the sole purpose of starting fights).

Some other characters I plan to add:
- A crazy cat lady. Guess what her weapon is? Killing her spawns some sort of goodie.
- An old woman on a motor scooter. Killing her drops her motor scooter, which via the wonders of the Morph stuff that I have never tried before is rideable! It will go 3kmph but will instagib anything it runs over.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

hahha sweet, but i can't see doom having very fun rideables..
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Added a randomly-spawning boss, but I'll have to alter him a good deal.

I also added inventory items!

Image From left to right: Flight (very rare), droppable barrels (good for blocking alleyways), Repulsor (makes crowds that little bit more bearable) and Grenades (self-explanatory).
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Tonight I got bored and made this for fucking around with my friends on Skulltag instead of doing homework:

FlusterCuck Beta 2

Adds altfire to the Chainsaw (Flamethrower), Rocket Launcher (KAMIKAZEEEEE) and Plasma Gun (Horribly Hacky Beam!)

KNOWN BUGS:
Flamethrower fire is invisible to other players online (in ST at least) - I blame Strife, so I'll probably recode it.

Plasma Beam tends to lag the shit out of the server, and causes the firer to bleed and make pain sounds in ST (again, it's hackier than a Lithtech engine game)
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

So I posted about the Hobo Hordes and Gore mods on the Zdoom forums - apparently I'm a cruel bastardly headcase who needs help. Folks working on gore mods or Invasion maps, take note!
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Bah! Don't let the naysayers get to you! I don't get why they're getting their panties in a bunch. Keep working on it.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

Noticed that id cropped a lot of shit out of the weapon sprites between the press release beta and shareware release.

Decided to use that to my advantage.
Copy-and-pasting is fun!

Return to “Development Journals”