True Action

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Post by Post »

Heh..Glad to hear that...
Will fix bugs , but later...
Doom movie came to Russia , so i gotta check it out soon.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Hey post, it's been a LONG time since i've seen you on here or irc. Where have ya been?
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

I think I just missed this update. Awesome smg graphics.

Post by Post »

Shit!
Time runs out like 100m olimpic runner...I meen really FAST...

Possibly , i will upload newer version , but later...

Changes
+Smooth animation for:
Revolver , Uzis , Pistols , Sawed-off , Single Pistol;

+Added Reload to Single Pistol;

Will Do.
~Will add some new Bastards , like in DooMWBO.wad

Keep on rolling dudes...

Post by Post »

Ok , gentelmen...
Time to show you something...
TA rises once again...Radically changed , totally modified...

And it has at least two authors...
It's me , and my mod maker-mate Guest...His modified version is labelled "Personal Edition" , that meens , he keeps the original authority , so , no prob!

Here is the link
http://rapidshare.com/files/14712194/TA_pe.rar.html

PS Sorry for damn crappy english...I just don't have time for practice...
PPS Oh , god , almost forgot...Please , use .21 version of GZ...It's highly recommended to use this version , because of .22'nd version causes some fatal , unfixable bugs...
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

YAY POST!

I missed you ^_^
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I took your advice and used 1.0.21, but this mod is still highly unstable and buggy. Not to mention, I think I see a few of my weapons from The Stranger in there - the personal defense shotgun and satchel charges, with only very slight modifications to damage and sound effects. This is most noticeable in the fact that selecting either of them enables instant weapon switching on the player, which is something I had to do in The Stranger to allow for custom raise/lower animations.

So unless you/Guest planned on putting my name in the credits somewhere (or even making a credits listing to begin with), I'd like to ask that you remove those weapons in favor of something else.
LIT

Post by LIT »

Hi all!
wildweasel wrote:So unless you/Guest planned on putting my name in the credits somewhere
Certenly.
wildweasel wrote:but this mod is still highly unstable and buggy
I need more information. Of course there are several errors in mod, but it would be nice if you will list some of them.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Okay, running through the mod again and taking notes of everything I've encountered...

- The flamethrower (slot 6) utterly destroys framerate on its altfire when fired at least three times, on my Pentium D 3.0 GHz. When fired five times or more, the framerate dies to the point where I have to hold down my F10 key for at least a second before the quit dialog appears.
- "Unknown inventory item: PEBinCheckOn" is displayed at startup. Presumably a code typo somewhere.
- It's very easy to kill yourself with the plasma pistol (slot 6) altfire and the ice cannon on slot 7. Furthermore, the plasma pistol seems too powerful for a weapon that is dropped by the modified zombiemen (I managed to obtain two in Map01).
- Can't remember how I managed to do it, but somehow I made the mod crash by using the Options weapon on Slot 0.
- Isn't there a +DONT_BOB flag for weapons? That might come in handy for the Options menus.
- The M16's fire button layout is counter-intuitive. Most FPS games will have the weapon shoot when the primary trigger is pressed, and the melee attack when the secondary trigger is pressed. This mod has it backwards - Mouse 1 stabs with the bayonet, Mouse 2 fires. Took me a minute to figure out why my M16 wasn't firing.
LIT

Post by LIT »

wildweasel wrote:- The flamethrower (slot 6) utterly destroys framerate on its altfire when fired at least three times, on my Pentium D 3.0 GHz. When fired five times or more, the framerate dies to the point where I have to hold down my F10 key for at least a second before the quit dialog appears.
True. But the fire looks like the real and i don't want to spoil it redusing the number of projectiles. May be i should try to set some limitation on tthe number of simultaneous fires?
wildweasel wrote:- It's very easy to kill yourself with the plasma pistol (slot 6) altfire and the ice cannon on slot 7. Furthermore, the plasma pistol seems too powerful for a weapon that is dropped by the modified zombiemen (I managed to obtain two in Map01).
And you easely kill yourself with standart rocket launcher due to inaccurate using. This is quite proper drawback of power weapons (IMHO).
As to the plasma pistol - yes, it's slightely owerpowered but due to monster randomization mechanizm they become more aggressive and dangerous, so i'm not shure that plasma pistol makes some problems... Anyway, which of the attacks looks more unbalanced?
wildweasel wrote:- The M16's fire button layout is counter-intuitive. Most FPS games will have the weapon shoot when the primary trigger is pressed, and the melee attack when the secondary trigger is pressed. This mod has it backwards - Mouse 1 stabs with the bayonet, Mouse 2 fires. Took me a minute to figure out why my M16 wasn't firing.
There are two reasons:
1) I decide to make the melee attack as main atack when you run out of ammo firing another weapon (but in this version the feature doesn't works properly due to when i coded the binocular i forget to set Weapon.SelectionOrder so it has maximum priority)
2) The melee attack has rather long reach distance so you may for example to kill revenant without getting harm, but such trick needs some skill (each error turns pain) and to press primary attack is more... ghm :roll: ...convinient.

Post by Post »

Chronoteeth wrote:YAY POST!

I missed you ^_^
Yeeeeeaeh!
Me to , dude...

F*ck this life...To many problems in our damned country...
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

The key 0 thingy is odd and buggy. For starters, where's the dual pistols? Also, the "blue" single pistol reload doesn't work.
LIT

Post by LIT »

Chronoteeth wrote:The key 0 thingy is odd and buggy. For starters, where's the dual pistols? Also, the "blue" single pistol reload doesn't work.
I have made some changes at last moment and create new errors that way :wink:

"The key 0 thingy" is just auxiliary instrument which helps to change the configuration in the current game. I use FSGLOBAL lump to store the default configuration.

"Dual pistols" is the plasma pistol switch (if there aren't another errors) - "red mode" means that the reloading is on and "blue mode" means that the weapon doesn't demand the reloading.
In FSGLOBAL to turn on the reloading of plasma pistol you shoud replace the line "giveinventory(0, "PEPlasmaReload", 0);" by "giveinventory(0, "PEPlasmaReload", 1);". If something don't work properly that means i wasn't accurate enough when made last changes.

Single pistol: initially i made a pistol with two-level reloading - you have to change the clip in pistol and to reload the clip itself. The process of reloading can't be braked (to simplify the coding of process) so to reduce the chanse that you'll be surrounded by enemies with empty pistol i add as secondary attack the reloading of spare clip (up to 4 clips) - if your pistol empty and there is a spare clip you reload pistol as usual. But such process seemed quite annoing, so i made pistol with simple reloading instead. If you want to see the initial pistol just rename in KEYCONF and FSGLOBAL "PEDesertEagle" to "PEDesertEagle2"

I was going to create an universal mod, that means the full feature control. Don't want new monsters? Turn off them! You want to change the puff effect to something else? Just turn this switch...
...unfortunally every time you use JumpIfInventory the Zdoom engine check if the describing actor belongs to player's inventory and this cuts off the possibility to variate the most features (don't say about JumpIftargetInventory - to manipulate the player's inventory much more easier rather than hte target actor's one). The reloading switch is made just for demonstration.[/b]

Return to “Development Journals”