Weasel's Mods

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

If you're going to do a ridiculous arsenal mod, you have to make a mondo-super-mega weapon that will kill anything in one shot, even the Icon of Sin, but make it so that you cannot carry any other weapons with it, expect maybe melee and a pistol, and ammo super rare. :D

Addendum: I'm willing to donate any graphics for weapons.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

this makes me remind of the armory resource wad.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Snarboo: Go for it. Right now I'm just ripping weapons from my other mods.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I'm thinking of taking a rip of the Cyclone from Perfect Dark that Chrono did a while back and turning it into some kind of "Metal Storm"* gun where you have to replace the barrel after firing off all the rounds. Naturally, it'd be best for it to have a large magazine and have a panic mode where you can fire all the rounds off almost instantly. :)

*Metal Storm guns are a kind of weapon that uses stacked bullets in a barrel rather than the traditional magazine, kind of like a roman candle. Here's a link at a Wikipedia talking about it.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I REALLY like your approach. I can't wait to see its implementation as well- I expect to see a clever approach to handling the dropping of the guns! (Hell, the system would be really useful in development of my Soldat mod as well)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Here's my progress, from last Sunday to today:

- Massive debugs to the weapon pickup system. It is no longer possible to magically refresh your stock of ammo by dropping an empty weapon and picking it back up again. Conversely, picking up any given weapon for the first time per game will give you a couple of extra clips.
- No matter which copy of a given weapon you pick up, the amount of bullets in the magazine is the same - there's no better way to do this without seriously painful ACS scripting, and I don't want that.
- Added tons of comments to the code to explain how I'm doing things.
- The Autopistol from ww-htic (altered to act like the one in ww-stranger - same chance to jam, same lightning-fast fire rate)
- The Taser from ww-bni (doesn't stun enemies yet...going to work on the custom pain and damage stuff later. I imagine the taser would be an effective weapon against the Cyberdemon, if one is stupid enough to try it)
- The Break-Action Shotgun (new weapon, based on the one from ww-cash, but with new graphics from Marty Kirra - will show screenshots this weekend)
- The Pugnose Assault Rifle (from ww-stranger, currently unmodified, but the reload system was improved with custom state labels to be much more readable)
- The BlackHand Personal Defense Weapon (new weapon based on graphics by Paul)
- The martial arts, yes, the same ones I've been using since ww-stranger
- Looking for a fresh new set of player sounds. Suggestions?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Hajime No Ippo GBA sound effects are pretty cool, but probably unsuitable for a player. I should do Miyata and Da-te right now so they're all set. They had pretty good knockout sound effects, both sounding like they're dying when they go down.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Here's what I have of the Metal Storm so far, Weasel. Tell me what you think!
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

OMG, I already hear the vacuum cleaner like reloading sound. (droooool)
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Hey, that's pretty cool. I thought the Cyclones were one-handed weapons.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Oooh, me likey. *intense salivation*
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Metal Storm wouldn't be out of respect for the NES game of the same title, would it?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Sadly, no. It's inspired by a prototype weapon system with the same name. But Metal Storm the game does kick ass. :)

The weapon won't function exactly like it did in Perfect Dark, but it will be pretty similar. I'm also going to include all graphics, even scraps, when I release it so you can make modifications.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

What about prey player sounds?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Honestly, I hated the player character in Prey so much that I'd be happy if I never had to hear his player sounds again.

Return to “Development Journals”