Weasel's Mods

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

OH SHIT YEAH!!

but file not found *cries*
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

God frickin' dammit, I typed the link correctly but uploaded the wrong file. Try it again.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I just remembered I promised to donate a weapon to you for this project! Let me finish up the Metal Storm's frames. I'm also willing to donate my improved chaingun graphics from my KDiZD - Enhanced Arsenal mod. I have to make better pump shotgun frames, too, as Scero's are getting old, even if you don't use them. :)
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Alright, I just finished up some new graphics for Ultimate a few minutes ago! I'm posting a wad file with the graphics. It includes my KDiZD-EA chaingun, my old Commandos HD pump shotgun, pickups for those two weapons and a corrected frame for the Blackhand AR. During one of the firing frames, part of the weapon just disappeard, so I fixed that. :) I'm still working on the Metal Storm, so I'll post that later.

Even if you don't use these, they should still be useful. I think they look pretty good, myself.

ult_stuff.zip - 0.04MB

Credits: Paul, Rogue, 3D Realms, id Software, Scuba Steve, Snarboo
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Alright, Snarb, your minigun graphics have been implemented, and even though I have no idea what the difference is between your modified Blackhand frame and the original one, I added it to the wad file as well. However, I don't really like the shotgun you included, because I've already got one Duke shotgun edit in the wad file and I don't feel that I need any more.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

That makes sense. The Duke shotgun is getting really long in the tooth. I just took that from my old project and brushed it up. :)
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Hey Weasel, I was wondering something while playing through the current release of Ultimate. Is there any chance you could make the shotguns share the same ammo? It just doesn't make sense to me that they all use seperate ammo when the basically fire the same thing. Is that simply not possible with the way you have scripted things, however?

Edit:
I just noticed the stamina hypo in Diaz no longer works in the latest version of GZDoom. :( Instead of giving you a boost of speed, you just get stuck in place.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

It would be somewhat difficult to rewrite the pickups to use the same ammo, at least with the way I've got them working right now.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Bringing life to the forums, one thread at a time!

ww-ultimate

I did some things to the mod today and yesterday. First of which was taking advantage of Chronoteeth's gracious donation of Resident Evil 4 sounds - I replaced the player sounds with those of Leon Kennedy, and also added some of his attack grunts to the Martial Arts weapon.

Today, I also added another weapon to the game - the Plasma Shotgun from ww-bsni, replacing the Super Shotgun, and placed on Slot 6.

I also fixed a few dumb glitches with the most recently implemented weapons, where the Neutron Disruptor would turn into a Splinter Cannon when dropped.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Is it me or does it sound like the sounds are much quieter when converted to wav?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The Thread has returned once again.

For those of you who for some reason don't read ZDoom forums, go download the latest wwhc: Agent Diaz.

http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprog ... c-diaz.rar

Still pending some massive balance tweaks, and Zippy's custom HUD. Feedback appreciated.

Also, working on the Mecha mod again using GZDoom and my newfound knowledge of custom player classes. Currently the player is mostly implemented, probably going to create a new skin for him so that co-op doesn't look so dumb, and one weapon (the Impact Hammer, pending rename). I'll post a link later when I feel like it.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I'm thinking of writing a custom version of the Mauser that allows a player to actually use the ironsights without the gun actually moving. Once it's done I'll have it into ARW, but I'd like your thoughts on implementation- Fire shoots a round from the side, and holding down Weapon Special and pressing and releasing Fire shoots a round from the sights. Releasing Weapon Special before Fire cancels the sights.
Mortarion

Post by Mortarion »

*Begins loading revolver while topic crawls to its feet* the diaz dl link gives me a 404 not found instead of a wad file. How odd. Any reasons why?
It's Arma-goddamn-M*****ing-geddon.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Mortarion wrote:*Begins loading revolver while topic crawls to its feet* the diaz dl link gives me a 404 not found instead of a wad file. How odd. Any reasons why?
Because it's no longer in the "inprogress" folder. Just remove that part of the link and you'll have your mod.
Davidos

Post by Davidos »

Sorry to bump this SOB with the ultimate mace of death but

What the heck happened to this and the link?
Am I just dumb or what? I can't find it anywhere!

Return to “Development Journals”