Weasel's Mods

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

hahah, i thought he was pretty cool. Hmm. What about....some random UT2004 character?

or..

MY PLAYER SOUNDS!

I don't know why i'm releasing these, noone was home one day so i just decided to do some screaming and stuff.

The beserk sounds are REALLY embarrasing, but i'll never meet any of you so :lol:

Enjoy. Not, (i'm aware that most of them sound bad and embarrasing to listen to, but give em a shot if your game)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F8TCI595
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I'll at least give 'em a listen. (Fun fact: one of the helmeted burning deaths in wwhc-di is actually the voice of Marty Kirra.)
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

DSBGBRN3, right?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I've been meaning to use those screaming sounds to replace the ones in Stronghold. They're SO much better than the stock Stronghold ones...
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

lol yeah, at least a listen. I think 80_3 is the best sound. Least embarrasing :lol:

it'll be fun to see what you think.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I gave em a listen through and if you're going to scream into the mic, turn off your decibel boost in sound recorder options. You can always amp them up later, and this way you can normalize them and they'll sound much better without being cut off at the top.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

ahhhh. Good idea, i didn't think of that.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

TheDarkArchon wrote:DSBGBRN3, right?
Nope, it's actually DSBGFLME.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

of course.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

It's been a long time, dear thread of mine, but I return once again with ww-ultimate updates!

- The Revolver from ww-stranger, modified quite a bit.
- The pump shotgun from wwhc-di, with added reloading
- The Mass Driver from ww-cola2, perpetually stuck at power level 3
- Fixed up the ACS scripts so that every weapon now displays its proper name when the player is standing over it
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

sweet!
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprog ... timate.rar

ww-ultimate

I've grown tired of all these increasingly unoriginal "weapon dump" mods - it started with Arsenal, then AEOD, and now stuff like 100gunsX and the like for Skulltag. My complaints with them are always the same: the weapons are usually of wildly varying quality (and are usually just ripped from other weapon mods), and there are too many weapons and it takes forever to find the one you want.

So I decided to make a weapon dump mod myself, to show that it's actually possible to improve on that stuff - with new and interesting gameplay mechanics.

The idea behind ww-ultimate is that it's my ultimate greatest hits collection. Some here may (not) remember the ww-mixed series, which took random weapons from my older weapon mods and just mashed them together. ww-ultimate does the same, but there are MORE weapons, with better quality, and plenty of care taken to balance things as well (though this version has not had that balancing applied to it quite yet, I'm still working on adding more weapons).

Here's the scoop. Every weapon has its own unique ammo type. I recommend playing with the fullscreen HUD (and NOT the GZDoom alternative HUD, because that is going to get very very crowded). The defining principle of this mod is that, while there are many weapons per slot (and 7 slots), you can only hold 1 (one) weapon per slot. So if you want that auto-pistol, you have to drop the Glock first. If you want to club zombies with the lead pipe, you have to sacrifice your bare-handed melee attacks.

if you happen to find two of the same weapon, picking both of them up will take the ammo from the second one and add it to the first one's stockpile. I had to kind of screw with the mechanics to get this to work the right way, in addition to allowing the player to start with a decent amount of ammo for each weapon. You'll notice that if you drop one of a certain kind of weapon and pick up a different one of the same model, it will have the exact same amount of ammo as your old one. There is no conceivable way to fix this that does not require me to make things unnecessarily complex.

Here's a list of all the weapons currently available (note that many of these are severely modified from their original versions):

Slot 1
- Fists (ww-stranger)
You start the game with these fists. Sock some dudes in the face. However, I ripped out the shockwave kick attack (as that is the Stranger's alone).
- Taser Claw (ww-bni)
Replaces the Chainsaw. Zap enemies with an electrified claw, or just kick them.
- Lead Pipe (wwhc-di)
Now a semi-automatic, heavy-hitting pipe with some suitably awesome sound effects. Replaces Berserk.

Slot 2
- Glock 17 (ww-stranger, deleted weapon)
A semi-automatic weapon that you start with. Also replaces the pistol clips, making it the most common pistol in the game.
- Rattler Autopistol (ww-htic/ww-stranger)
A ridiculously fast (but still somewhat weak) automatic pistol that tends to jam. New to this version: it tells you when the weapon is jammed, in case anybody ever got confused about that before. Replaces the bullet box.
- .454 Revolver (ww-stranger)
Powerful. Six deadly bullets, and a very strong attraction to Revolver Ocelot/Dirty Harry references. Replaces the box of shells.
- Luger P08 (ww-stranger)
Dropped by Nazi soldiers. The staple pistol of the Third Reich. Need I say more?

Slot 3
- Break-Action Shotgun (all new)
Courtesy of Marty Kirra comes this new break-action shotgun. Packs a punch, but only holds one shell at a time. Replaces the 4-shell packs.
- Pump-Action Shotgun (wwhc-di)
Now with reloading, and a little too powerful for how common it is. I intend to fix this. Dropped by Shotgunners.
- Spec-Ops Shotgun (ww-stranger, deleted weapon)
Courtesy of TheDarkArchon (must give credit where credit is due...), this shotgun is semi-automatic and can hold 8 rounds. Replaces the Shotgun pickup.

Slot 4
- Pugnose Assault Rifle (ww-stranger)
Dropped by Chaingunners, a reliable and common assault rifle that is fairly accurate and powerful.
- BlackHand Rifle (all new)
Thanks to Paul, this rifle is quick but weak and is dropped by the Zombiemen.
- Spitfire Chaingun (wwhc-di)
Relatively unchanged since its previous incarnation, fires either a steady stream of 5.56 rounds, or a firestorm of tracer flechettes. Replaces the Chaingun pickups.

Slot 5
- Mass Driver (ww-cola2)
Very, very, very strong and powerful - powerful enough to send you flying backwards, and even if fired while running forward at top speed, will stop a marine dead in his tracks. Be careful on ledges. Replaces the box of rockets.

Slot 6
- Splinter Cannon (ww-bsni, ww-nails mini mod)
Your choice: either a quick, accurate and somewhat slower burst of plasma, or launch a quick (and gravity-affected) pulse of burning hot nails, Quake 4 style. Toggle with alt-fire. Replaces the cell box.
- Neutron Disruptor (ww-bsni)
A rifle that fires balls of pure neutrons (note: may contain 0.001% protons and electrons) through scores of foes. Currently does not replace anything and must be cheated for. Also, you cannot drop this weapon yet, as I have not implemented the pickups for it yet.

Coders: I've attempted to comment out the Decorate lump as well, to explain how the inventory system works. Hope you learn something from it (instead of just ripping off my code like a couple of those "other" mods did).
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Oh man, this sounds wicked! I get a "file not found" error when trying to download it, but I'm thinking that's the server trying to update itself.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Want to play!

also bump
Paul

Post by Paul »

File not found... :(

Return to “Development Journals”