Weasel's Mods

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Seriously!

* Added the 12-gauge shotgun and changed the graphics from the old EDGE alpha version (so they don't look like the Coach Gun so much).
* Added the Coach Gun.
* Added the Tommy Gun (using Nmn's Seburo graphics).
* Added the Minigun (using the Demented Reality chaingun replacement).
* Toned down the damage on the Chainsaw. A lot. (Used to be able to kill a Baron in three seconds flat)
* Fixed damage on the Dual Pistols (now matches the single pistol instead of being slightly weaker)
Paul

Post by Paul »

I hope the sinper rifle is there :)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Since this is based on the weapons of Second Encounter, the rifle will indeed be here.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Hey guys, I'm going to need a bit of help - I need graphics for the Grenade Launcher and Rocket Launcher. I can't find anything worth using in the old Resource Pool (or the new one). So I may need some assistance in finding some Serious Sam style graphics for them (no model rips).
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I've been screwing around with GZDoom recently (dynamic lights and GL, whoo). As much as I'd like to make Seriously support GZDoom's advanced features, I don't really see the point in breaking compatibility at the expense of a few pieces of eyecandy - so it shall remain for 2.0.96x, and I'll take whatever considerations that need to be taken to ensure that it also works in GZDoom.

I also tested WW-BSNI in GZDoom - it seems to work perfectly, aside from the side-effect that the original railgun sound still plays as well as the new one when you fire the Heat Rifle. In my opinion, that just makes it sound a bit cooler, so I'm leaving it.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Seriously!

* Tested perfectly in GZDoom. I'm continuing my development in 2.0.96x, testing occasionally in GZDoom.
* Rocket launcher added, using a severely modified version of Nmn's ancient UberGun graphic.
* All health and armor pickups have individual sounds.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Weasel, you have too many projects

I know. But once again I've discovered the ultimate idea for a weapons mod and have put all others on hold until it's done. (And I will be releasing this one to Newstuff, since it's not for an unofficial version.)

Cold Hard Cash ww-cash.wad
for EDGE 1.29

The defining theme behind this is that, since Hell isn't about to give you weapons for free without making you sacrifice something for them, you will have to mug the various zombies and enemies around the levels, take their money, and use the various Purchase Terminals to buy weapons. Using a clever mixture of DDF and RTS scripts (plus EDGE's script menu system), I intend to put several interesting weapons in here, with the sole tool of balance being how much they cost.

Currently, only the starting weapon has been implemented - it's a Martial Arts Combo Attack. Primary fire alternates between left and right punches, while secondary fire works with the kick combos (first click is your knee, second is a high kick, and the final is a low spin kick). I don't plan to start the player off with anything other than their melee attack, but enemies will drop enough money to let you buy at least a better melee weapon (a crowbar, a taser, perhaps a few other things) or even a sidearm (a revolver, a semi-automatic, and a weak-but-silenced pistol).

I think this idea will lead to much fun and excitement. Perhaps it'll redefine weapon mods as we know them. But we'll see (if I finish it).

<edit> Also implemented the first sidearm, the semi-automatic pistol (using my Pistol Panic-modified HacX pistol).
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

No progress, as I spent the day playing through TimeSplitters: Future Perfect on Easy. I intend to get working now, though.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Update:

Cold Hard Cash

* Added another sidearm, the silenced P38 from Operation Silver Hammer (except this time it's not an upgrade, has only 8 rounds per clip, and does not reload automatically).
* Added more attacks to the fist combo. Now the Mouse1 combo is as follows:
- Right Jab
- Left Jab
- Right Hook
- Left Hook
- Right Haymaker
I intend to change the player sounds for this mod, too, so Doomguy can get some nice macho battle-shouts while he's martial-arts-ing the enemies.
* I thought I'd got sprites for the Dispenser Machines, except EDGE screws some of them up (maybe because they're too large?). Meh...I didn't think the Q3F dispenser machine was very good anyway.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Cold Hard Cash

* Fixed the dispenser graphics, and edited them so they have unique icons for each of the seven "levels" of dispenser machines.
* Added the beginnings of the dispenser machine scripts. Currently only a little menu that outputs messages because I'm trying to get the hang of conditionals in RTS (for instance, I'll need to check if the player already has the weapon that he's trying to purchase, in addition to if he has enough money to buy it).
* Game balance decision: The player will be able to buy ammo and armor from most dispensers, but never health. (The size and cost of the ammo/armor items depends largely on what level of machine you use - the Chainsaw-replacing Lv.1 machine will only give you ammo in units equal to 5% of your max ammo, while the BFG-replacing Lv.7 machine would give you 75% in one purchase. I'll be factoring in "discounts" for this too, so buying more ammo at once would mean a lower price overall than if you were to fill 'er up at a Lv.1 machine.)
* Screenshot:
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Watch Out, Here Comes Another Update

* I've added the Crowbar (from Redneck Rampage). I'm on a roll.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Hey, I was wonderin, if I could possibly... submit a weapon for your mod? It won't have the cash thingy though, just the weapon.

Think of it as a guest contribute.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Sure, go ahead and submit. (I've been putting guest contributions in quite a few mods recently...the fusion projectile from ZenDynamics, the Serious Bomb from the WRW...)
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Woot. I'll code something after i'm done with this mod.

You like side view winchesters?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Hey, that'd be great!

Return to “Development Journals”