Wad In Progress/Limbo

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Questions? Comments? Hate-Posts?
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

No no, they're fine, just be careful when asking for comments, it's not usually a good idea :P
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

DOnt worry, I can handle people's insults :wink:

But on another note, I've decided that due to my lack of any real ACS saavyness, I'm going to basically "Dumb" down my other mod, picture 2 sides, each with their own base, and their own unique units and turrets, trying to destroy each other's "Generator", I originally wanted there to be claimable turrets and outposts out in the battleground, each with their own unique turrets and units (And have the DECORATE coding and spritework finished to some degree), but since my main problem is going to be assigning "Credits" to a player whether they activate the script assigning the "Credits" or not, and even assigning a TID to each player individually at the start seems to be my greatest problems. If anyone wants more elaboration, or has any ideas, I can always go deeper into my "Plans"
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

No, I mean, it's not an insult, what i'm trying to say is don't ask for comments.
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Alright, question time.

Would it even be worth uploading my main wad somewere, while its lacking sounds and such? And lacking MANY finishing touches? Its about 6.5 megs unzipped, and it has a lot of new weapons and monsters. But again, would it even be worth releasing? Would anyone get any use out of it?
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Definately 100%. People could even finish the mod for ya and the like. Please release! :D
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

I say release, and also say ask for comments whenever possible.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Release it as a beta, so you can get comments and suggestions, and then finish it.
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Snarboo wrote:Release it as a beta, so you can get comments and suggestions, and then finish it.
I like the cut of you Jib . . . or something like that, Ill just type up a text file, and then probably rapidshare it, also, would anyone have anything against me including a couple of unfinished (And Ugly) maps with the Zip? 1 DM, and 1 Highly unpolished and unfinished SP showing some of the new weapons and monsters?
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

gah. What do you need to play this. zdoom? GZdoom? edge? i really wanna play!!
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

GZDoom is preffered

And its best if you know how to summon things, as theres no levels in there
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

well i don't know how to summon so im without the monsters :( but i figured i needed the LATEST gzdoom before you answerd and i came back here to edit my post but oh well. It's pretty cool but whats the weapon that is a green blob, and you can secondary fire which is punch? it looks like an ass
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

I dont recall any green ass blobs :wink:

But I think your talking about the Trogdor burnination, were the "Green Ass", is actually Trogdor's snout, trogdor via the Trogdor Arcade Game, and the fist is from the Peasent's Quest pic of Trogdor standing over the hero character . . . I think

Oh, and to summon, when you open the console (Tilde Key), you type summon <actor Class>, with no spaces in the actor name.

Ex: Summon fatso, summons a manc
Summonfriend fatso summons a friendly manc
summon Zegvok summons myself as I would percieve myself as a Doom Monster :lol:
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

The mod reminds me of those old Quake mods that would have everything but the kitchen sink when it came to weapons and monsters. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it could use some tweaks and changes. I'll play through it some more and tell you what I think. :)

Return to “Development Journals”