OMGWPNS development [FINISHED/UPDATED]

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

deathz0r

OMGWPNS development [FINISHED/UPDATED]

Post by deathz0r »

It's finished! Feel free to comment on it.

Download: http://deathz0r.unidoom.org/files/omgwpns.zip (updated version, also in /incoming at the moment)
Action-packed video: http://deathz0r.unidoom.org/junk/omgwpns.avi (requires XviD)
Demostration of Mega Proton Cannon: http://deathz0r.unidoom.org/junk/omgwpns2.avi
Last edited by deathz0r on Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:53, edited 7 times in total.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

The white three round burst pistol, and the freeze time gun would kick ass.

(Just to let you know, this mod is like one of those quake add-ons with recolored, different acting weapons.)
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

Three new weapons: Laser Pistol, Laser Chaingun and Throwable Chainsaw. Go download now!
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

You've stolen my idea of throwable chainsaw from GrbDoom :evil:!

j/k :D
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

It's now finished, horray!

Maybe wildweasel could review it sometime in the future? =D
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Official Doom Armory Mini-Review

Pros:
* Adds a different flavor to Doom gameplay by randomizing everything.
* Some of the new weapons are quite creative.

Cons:
* NEEDS MORE BALANCE! Some of the replacement enemies make some maps utterly unplayable, even on ITYTD. I almost screamed I was so angry at being unable to complete Map01.
* Base weapons are not changed at all. Makes things even more difficult when you have to deal with a crappy pistol and you're facing off against monsters as powerful as a Mancubus.

As much as I'd love to make a real review of this, it wouldn't be fair to review it if I had to cheat for everything.
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

wildweasel wrote:* NEEDS MORE BALANCE! Some of the replacement enemies make some maps utterly unplayable, even on ITYTD. I almost screamed I was so angry at being unable to complete Map01.
I've taken that into consideration and reuploaded a new version (it's also currently in /incoming). I toned down the monsters a fair bit, but they're still reasonably tough.
* Base weapons are not changed at all. Makes things even more difficult when you have to deal with a crappy pistol and you're facing off against monsters as powerful as a Mancubus.
The intention of omgwpns was to add weapons, not replace. Level warping is not recommended.

Return to “Development Journals”