Deathsong's Forge

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Do you need reloading frames for any of the weapons? I can try making them.
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

I'd love more frames of any kind for any of the weapons. Reloading frames would be extra useful for the Assault Rilfe, as it looks a little weird receding from the screen, but do what you want to, and I'll make eager use of what you produce.
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

Okay. I'm putting HAE on hold so that I can do my first Doom weapons mod, which I call Shinto Showdown. Details below, more to be added when I have more time:

[spoiler="Basic Concept']Only an evil corporation like the UAC would rely on big dumb men with guns to defeat an invasion from Hell itself. Like almost everbody faced with a horde of Oni, the marines of the UAC have come down with a bad case of evil spirits. That leaves you, a priest and exorcist, to come in and sort the whole problem out.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Weapons']You'll start with a blessed knife, and soon aquire more powerful sacred melee and throwing weapons capable of harming the Oni. If you can track down one of the many wise sprits that wander the world, you can also learn the sacred arts of magic and exorcisim. If you manage to make contact with the and appease the gods themselves, you can call down them down from the heavens to smite the Oni. Oh, yeah, they'll be guns too. Not that they can hurt the true bad boys amoung the Oni horde.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Monsters']I'm going to take out many of the cubernetic-type creatures. All the monsters will be loosely based on Japanese myth, and I'll get to show off my method for replacing the Icon of Sin![/spoiler]
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

That sounds pretty interesting! The only recommendation I have is NOT to rip enemies from Shadow Warrior. That would just be bad, and not really fit in with the mod.
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

Srike that. HAE is not on haitius, I have enough time to do both. I'm not ripping ANYTHING from Shadow Warrior. I'm going for a more original Doom look with my monsters. The weapons sprites are from the elusive and bizzare Legend of the Seven Paladins. (Whose hands I might end up using in HAE, as well.)
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

How would you use the Paladin's hands in HAE? Just curious, heh. I don't think they would fit in, but I'm just curious how they might be used.
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

Well, the biggest problems with the Strifeguy hands is that they are very large and they have few poses. The paladin hands look decent, are a good size, and have lots of poses. But you're right. They would not fit.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I hope I didn't discourage you. Also, I'm working on those reloading frames you sent me. It didn't take much to tweak it so it looked right, I just need to make frames for a fresh magazine with a round showing. It would be kind of weird if after removing the empty magazine, he just put it right back again. ;) Hopefully having a lot of frames for the reload won't be a problem.
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

The more the merrier. DuduKrazy sent me those frames out of the blue. I was worried he was gonna virus me because my mod was competeing with his Strife mod. Now I feel like to total asshole. :oops:
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

come on. i would never send a virus to you!

Snarboo: i didn't know you was working on the reloading frames, too. i don't want to start any sort of competition.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Nah, it's fine. I don't care if you work on them, too. :)
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

DuduKrazy wrote:come on. i would never send a virus to you!.
I'm just kidding, Dudu. We strife modders have got to stick together :wink:
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

Oy! This mod is an emotional rollercoaster. I have weapon upgrades working again, this time in a method similar to the one suggested by WildWeasel. You''ll have to pick floaty blue shperes off the remains of your foes. I'm not sure if I really like it this way. I'll tweak it around and see if I can't jury-rig a menu system that let's you select which weapon to upgrade.
Blade Nightflame

Post by Blade Nightflame »

Hm, not sure. But you COULD make a version which you like and works, and have also another one which is WildWeasel's favorite.

Then those who want one of them would go to the decorate and comment out the one they don't want, and un-comment the one they want.

Atleast that's what I'd do.
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

Okie-Dokie. Dual versions it is. I think I'll have a few more changes between the versions as well. The use=XP version will be more "realistic" and the Cave Story version will be more "arcade"

Return to “Development Journals”