Marty's Mod Journal

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Now that I am on this crappy computer, I see the screen shots are really dark. Anybody else having trouble seeing them? (Besides you Chrono!)
----

Agent Hernandez: Dawn of Tomorrow

So it Begins...

BIO: Agent Hernandez
Origin: USA
Fighting Style: Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do
Height: 6'1
Weight: 145 LBS
Blood Type: A+
Hobby: Modifing Weapons
Dislikes: Highways, Flag-Poles, Chinese Buffets
Signature Weapon: Mauser C96, 9mm, based on the "Red 9" variant. Reloads with 10 rounds.

Agent Hernandez was a normal agent. He isn't the smartest agent, but he had potential, until his superiors ruined his career. Besides the demeaning fact that he doesn't remember his first name, he was sent on a ton of fake "missions" that would make him look stupid and unfit. These missions ranged from getting donuts on a flag-pole, to going in a chinese buffet to retrieve "samples". They ruled him unfit to serve in the C.I.A. Until the incident with Seymore, which Seymore betrayed the C.I.A. and America by selling top secret weapons to various terrorist groups, in which Agent Hernandez defeated him and regained his C.I.A. badge.

Mod Changes

* For some reason, I felt like adding a musket and a winchester. I added the muzzle loader on the crap weapons slot (Slot 0), though, I am thinking about the winchester...
* Working on a status bar...
Last edited by Marty Kirra on Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:36, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

So where am I now? These are the weapons implemented.

SLOT - WEAPON - AMMO TYPE

2. Silenced Pistol- Pistol Ammo
2. Mauser (Modded)- Pistol Ammo
3. Walther P-38- Magnum Rounds
3. Ravage Magnum Pistol- Magnum Rounds
9. Dart Gun- Darts
4. Assault Rifle- Rifle Bullets
4. Stealth Rifle- Rifle Bullets
9. Smoke Bombs- Smoke Bombs
1. Combat Knife- Melee
1. Melee- Er..
0. Musket- Shells
0. Winchestor- Shells

Heh, I know! That's alot of weapons! Plus, I still have more I want to add! Here are the weapons and a quick rundown of what they should do...

Battery Bombs- Take your average looking AA batteries, and turn them into a bomb, simple eh?

Mutant Gene- Tomb of Power. This basicly allows you turn into a mutant for a set amount of time while transforming your weapons at the same time.

Bazooka- When you really need that guy to disappear. This is the equivilent of the BFG in some ways.

Sawn-Off Shotgun- The only weapon on this list that is graphicly complete. Speaks for itself.

Rage Mode- Beserk replacement. All melee weapons are upgraded with faster and deadlier attacks. Plus, once you pick this up, the upgrade is permanent...unless you die.

I have some more ideas, but those I will keep secret....for now at least...Now, I know I said something about replacing enemies. Basicly, it goes down to this... The mutant replaces the imp. There are 4 kinds of mutants who will randomly spawn in the imp's place. The chaingunner is replaced with the "Super Mutant". The only enemies planned are the officer (mentioned on the last page), and some other boss-esq monsters. I am also going to see what I can do to sorta advance the story in-game, but whatever I can do will most likely mess up other mods...hope for a sequel!

God, these have to be the biggest posts I have ever made on these forums...
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

* Added the Protecta Shotgun. It uses frames by Xaser from Zen-Dynamics but Hernande-fied (TM!)by me. It now reloads like its real-life counter-part (shell by shell).
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Which sprites? The Streetsweeper?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Most likely - the Streetsweeper is the United States variant on the South African Striker/Protecta shotgun.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Yes, it's using the Streetsweeper sprites has a base.
Last edited by Marty Kirra on Mon Jun 26, 2006 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

* Revolver was replaced with...a revolver. The Revolver was previously using TDA's Redneck Rampage Revolver for it's graphical base. It is now using a new, different revolver....never seen before!
* I added the Bazooka. It's based off the AT-4, and is still lacking smoke effects.
Last edited by Marty Kirra on Mon Jun 26, 2006 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

* Possibly the weirdest thing I've done, I re-replaced the revolver. It's reverted back to using TDA's RR sprites.

* Coming Soon: Toggleable Silencers! Has I recently learned from TDA, (Recently like two minutes ago) I can do other weapon functions such has this without taking up the Alt.Fire using Global ACS. I plan on making it so it's different for each weapon, so it's most likely going to evolve into "Toggle Weapon Mode".
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

* To celebrate the 4th, I added the "Butterfly" fireworks weapon. Oooo shiny.

* Revolver now must be cocked after every shot.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

* Downgraded! No more toggle-fire!

* Butterfly fireworks canned.

* New alt.fire added to the Revolver! Hold to firing button to fan the trigger! Hoorah!

* Added the ultimate pistols, "Eden" and "Helios".

* There is now only one replaced enemy, which replaces the Imp (Mutant).
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Canned weapons shoud plop on key 0 :P
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Well, the semi-good canned weapons are on slot 0. Fireworks sucked :P
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Sucked how? Just be sure not to let any resources go to waste :D
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

RELEASE THEM!!!! Do not let thier creation be in vain.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Fireworks, for the most part, used Blood Resources with Hernandez hands. I am also redo-ing alot of stuff right now (The weapon count shrunk to 5!). Basicly, all that there is right now is hit-scan weapons, besides the dartgun.

Return to “Development Journals”