Stable custom GZDoom (based on r323, w/ some ZDoom r1556)

These changes have already been implemented in the ZDoom source.

Moderators: Enjay, Dev Builds Team

Rachael
Developer
Developer

Stable custom GZDoom (based on r323, w/ some ZDoom r1556)

Post by Rachael »

This is a custom GZDoom build that has some of ZDoom's changes ported over. Anything to do with WAD or Resource management has been kept to the old code, since the new code is unstable. This also means PAK support is not included. Other than that, A_CheckCeiling has been ported over, I've added my vid_aspect code and also the automap fix that caused crashes if you changed resolution outside the game or attempted to start the game in Linux.

I think as far as any recent ZDoom revision, this might be the most stable, and that is the only reason for this build being made. When ZDoom's resource management gets improved, the need for this build will disappear.

Binary:
Windows 2000+ build

Source:
Changed files only (against r323)
Complete source code

Changes:

Code: Select all

* Added Gez's A_CheckCeiling submission.
* Fixed: AM_NewResolution crashed when called from outside a level.
* Fixed: MustConfirm parsing in MAPINFO
* Added: vid_aspect cvar. Takes the following parameters:
 0 = Let engine decide
 1 = 16:9
 2 = 16:10
 3 = 4:3
 4 = 5:4
 - Note: vid_tft=false and vid_nowidescreen=true both override this cvar.
Please report crashes in this thread only! This build is not supported by the ZDoom devs.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Re: Stable custom GZDoom (based on r323, w/ some ZDoom r1556)

Post by Gez »

Since there hasn't been a new SVN of GZDoom for quite some time, and I've found a rather fast way of updating it myself, here's a patch that updates it to ZDoom r1578. :)
Attachments
gzdoom-update1578.zip
Apply against r324, might work against r323M as well though it'll require manual smoothing over a few things
(27.82 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Thank you, Gez. I hope Enjay will consider building it. It's up to him, though. :)
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Well, I've never applied a patch to a checkout before and the way I have things set up, it isn't really convenient for me to do it too often. However, I don't suppose this would become a common thing so I applied the patch (at least it seems to have worked) and built GZdoom. Again, this seems to work, so I've put the build online. I don't suppose that the map file is particularly useful, but it's up too.

I have named the files gzdoom-r324(1578 custom).* and put a text file (custom.txt) in the main zip to tell people what it is.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

The map file will be of particular use to Randy, but Gez might also find some use in it as well if he decides to look into any bugs.

I don't know though. I'll let them two sort it out. ;) GZDoom IS Graf's little devil, though.

Enjay: The best way to build them is do this - I don't know if you use the command line version of SVN but if you do, go into GZDoom's trunk directory, and then type "svn -R *", and that will put all your files in their previous state before you applied the patch.

I modify the sources very often, and being on VCE2008 so does my compiler, so I have to do that a lot. Handy little tool to have.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

SoulPriestess wrote:svn -R *
Useful information, thank you. I usually use the GUI/explorer integration feature of TortoiseSVN but I'm happy using the command prompt, batch tools and so on so that will come in handy.

[edit]

Actually,

svn revert *.* -R

seemed to work for me. Is that correct?

[/edit]
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

With TortoiseSVN, you can revert with a right-click on the folder. It'll give you a list of all the files within that folder's directory tree that deviate from the standard revision and you can revert them all or hand-pick those that are reverted.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Enjay wrote:
SoulPriestess wrote:svn -R *
Useful information, thank you. I usually use the GUI/explorer integration feature of TortoiseSVN but I'm happy using the command prompt, batch tools and so on so that will come in handy.

[edit]

Actually,

svn revert *.* -R

seemed to work for me. Is that correct?

[/edit]
Eeek, you're right. My bad, sorry.

Return to “Merged Changes”