I'M BACK.

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I reasoned that since the DB-88 was such a heavy, it would make more sense for the player to carry it off to the side.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Resurrecting my mod journal.

Projects:

A) KDiZD - Enhanced

Slightly misleading title aside, this project seeks to revamp the weaponry to bring it up to date with the improved maps and gameplay. Currently studying Decorate code. Might need help in that respect, so if anyone is proficient with it and willing to help me, please let me know! Alternatively, a link to a good online resource would be appreciated.

Also working on more frames for the weapons. Extra frames have been made for the regular and super shotgun. Going to work on the melee weapons' frames next.

B) Pipes & Pillars

My map. There's a thread for this in projects with some screenshots. Current map is only using unlimited port features, which mostly means extra detail that vanilla couldn't handle.

Once the first map is done, I'm going to release it, then go back and add GZDoom features. I really want to turn this into a small GZDoom map set with the goal of reimagining the first 5 or so maps of Doom 2. Will probably end up using a modified set of KDiZD - Enhanced weapons along with new monsters.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I'll give you a hand, having done most of the code for the weapons in the first place.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Thanks. :) I don't want to make any radical changes, such as reloading, but mostly just add more frames, add new sounds and up the damage of some of the weapons, such as the pistol. The pistol is really inadequate against the new monsters. I'm also going to switch the firing modes on the grenade launcher, and possibly remove the primary fire.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Alright, I finally think I'm ready to get over my crippling bout of the lazies and start work...tomorrow. I have only the necessary files from the KDiZD .pk3 extracted to a directory for easy handling. Now I just need to wipe the .wad, reorganize it and code this puppy. For some reason I'm nervous about using a new scripting language, even if it's virtually no hassle to move from DDF to Decorate. :/
Visplane_Overflow

Post by Visplane_Overflow »

Snarboo wrote:... and up the damage of some of the weapons, such as the pistol. The pistol is really inadequate against the new monsters. I'm also going to switch the firing modes on the grenade launcher, and possibly remove the primary fire.
Blasphemy. The pistol was always an excellent weapon, and still was in KDiZD. Not to mention how useful the primary fire of the grenade launcher was. Why is it that everyone is so keen on modifying KDiZD lately? I thought the gameplay was fine, although a bit boring after time. Come to think of it, I frequently found myself switching /back/ to the pistol.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

The default gameplay is fine, I really liked KDiZD. I just want to give the weapons more flare. It's kind of odd to me that they took a 13 year old game and revamped every aspect of it but the weapons.

Speaking of which, I've started work on the mod. Changes are small so far, mostly renaming some entries and modify weapon values. Graphics are coming next.
Visplane_Overflow

Well, that was kind of what I was getting at. If the gameplay was alright with the weapons they provided, or rather, left alone, then why change it? But whatever, I'm not about to stop you =p Have fun with it
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I'm pretty close to having this mod finished! I just need the Unreal 1 minigun sounds for chaingun. Anyone have them? :3
Visplane_Overflow

Well, I have a copy of Unreal, however it seems that extracting the sounds is either a real pisser, or just beyond me. XWE doesn't seem to work for me.
However, I could probably hook you up with some FOT sounds, if you aren't dead set on Unreal =p
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

What's FOT? But yeah, I'll take any minigun sounds that aren't overused. That's why I wanted Unreal's.
Visplane_Overflow

FOT stands for Fallout Tactics, an old strategy game. Here's a rar containing what could be (With some sound editing) some decent minigun sounds. Might not be too useful on second thought though.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCPUUEIG
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Holy crap, those are some awesome sounds! That should be perfect, thanks. :D
Visplane_Overflow

Oh? I take it they're usable then =p I was thinking of using them in a mod myself, but I have found my creative skills to be less than that which would be required a decent modification.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Snarboo wrote:What's FOT? But yeah, I'll take any minigun sounds that aren't overused. That's why I wanted Unreal's.
Does Serious Sam's minigun sounds count as overused?

Return to “Development Journals”