[RES][G] Shadow Warrior Beta Stuff

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

DuduKrazy

[RES][G] Shadow Warrior Beta Stuff

Post by DuduKrazy »

If there's one thing i love, is beta versions of games in general. I often see interesting ideas, weapons, concepts, among other things that for some reason have been dropped from the final version.

Some time ago, i read an article about Shadow Warrior on Wikipedia. And then i noticed that there was a beta version somewhere on the internet. Apparently, some guy from 3D realms had accidentally leaked this beta version. I finally found that thing and downloaded it.

And then it came the best part: Checking the contents of the main .grp file! I found some great sprites which didn't make it into the version we all know. But this comes at a price. Many textures and sprites have the words "Delete Me!" written on them.

So, here's the interesting sprites i got.
Attachments
SwBetaStuff.zip
Credits goes to 3D Realms.
(13.93 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
NeoWorm

Post by NeoWorm »

Do you have this this beta or the other one? Because in some beta version of Shadow Warrior there were different sprites for Lo-Wang and some different weapons (like Crossbow).
screens

And originaly SW looked like this:
Image[/url]
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I seem to recall there being an alternate version of the Riotgun in a beta version - I saw it in a screenshot reel, haven't seen it since.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

NeoWorm wrote:Do you have this this beta or the other one? Because in some beta version of Shadow Warrior there were different sprites for Lo-Wang and some different weapons (like Crossbow).
i have this one. do you know where can i get the other beta version you told me about? the one codenamed "Shadow Warrior 3D"?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

wildweasel wrote:I seem to recall there being an alternate version of the Riotgun in a beta version - I saw it in a screenshot reel, haven't seen it since.
I know exactly which screenshot you're talking about. The riot gun looked more like a watercooled machinegun, right?

Edit: Found it! I would kill to get my hands on these resources. The old riotgun and uzis looked better to me.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

There's plenty of cool sounds in SWBeta. Even some edited Doom's sounds...
NeoWorm

Post by NeoWorm »

DuduKrazy wrote:i have this one. do you know where can i get the other beta version you told me about? the one codenamed "Shadow Warrior 3D"?
I dont know, it was never leaked so try 3D realms.

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”