DuduKrazy's Mod Journal

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

vga nv 7300 le ?
champions are: 7300gt[ddr3],7600gs[ddr3] or 7600gst[ddr3] or 850gt[ddr3] 8600gt [ddr3] or ati x1650[ddr3] this is my vga http://www.czechcomputer.cz/product.jsp?artno=38689 :wink:
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Finally. with the SBARINFO lump i think i can finally make a cool mecha mod like the one Wildweasel tried to make for EDGE. I ripped off the cockpit from Earthsiege 2. Okay, it's still not perfect. The numbers are too much out of place.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Don't forget I've still got a mecha mod of my own in progress. Probably a little more ambitious though...
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

what do you mean with ambitious?
Visplane_Overflow

Post by Visplane_Overflow »

It means that he's set his goals quite high, possibly too high for the ZDoom engine to handle =p
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates and some bad news:

- Added footstep sounds.

- Recently, i've been having issues with my processor overheating. i never had such problems before. even when the ambient temperature was too hot, my processor never had overheated before. i looked at the BIOS setup menu and the temperature was very high and above acceptable levels. something like 98ºC (or 200ºF. i'm not sure). when the processor reached about 100ºC (210ºF or something like that), my computer usually self-shutdown.

At least my Pentium 4 (3.2ghz) is still good. otherwise, i'll have to get a better processor and i don't know what multi-core processor suits fine for me. if i happen to buy such processors, which one should i get?

- Core 2 Duo

- Core 2 Quad

- Or an AMD Phenon.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- Removed the nailgun in favor of yet another CS skin: the M249 Para. (don't worry, it's a custom skin)

- Tweaked the damage even more.

I still can't find a way to solve the player dying gzdoom freeze problem. i tried deleting the script and the custom class definitions but gzdoom still froze when you get killed. (no matter if you get shot, gibbed, and even use the "kill" command) i desperately need help to find out why is this thing happening. it happens even with the newer versions of gzdoom.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Does the para act like the nailgun, or is it another machinegun?

Cause that nailgun was a lot of fun.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

the normal fire mode is just another machinegun. but the alternate one acts like the nailgun.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

I don't know, I'd actually prefer the nailgun just for the sprites alone. I've seen PARAs, not that. Maybe make another weapon out of those sprites?

Wouldn't want to see them go.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

i removed the nailgun because i already used those sprites before and there's a great chance that this weapon might be a little overused.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Used them where?
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

originally, i used these sprites in DuduKrazy's Guns SE
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- Slightly increased the damage for the mossberg 590 cruiser.

- I'm thinking about adding two more weapons: the Freezethrower, (No. not that weapon from Duke3D. But a modified flamethrower from the SiN expansion pack "Wages of SiN) and the Plasma Discharge Unit (Concussion Gun from Wages of SiN.)

- I'm also thinking about removing that auto shotgun in favor of either the Scatter Gun from Redneck Rampage or the Coach Gun from Serious Sam: The First Encounter. Which of these two guns should i add?
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Sounds like a great idea! It just feels right to have two on each key, rather than one on a few, and 2 on others.

Return to “Development Journals”