Dark Spectral Doom (RDDR Reborn)

Talk about our & your projects.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Bleh, I never liked Crash. My favorite one is Hunter. Xaero is really really cool, though. ^^
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Yea, his skin is very temporary, along with the other marine actors, but I'll be sorting that out later. Tyr using the Satyr player class, they're pretty cool!

Edit: If the Doomguy skin is free to download, I might just use it...
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

RDDR has torrents! I've made two torrents, one for the RDDR and RDoom pack and one for the RDoom Music pack.
It's only me seeding at the minute, so don't expect the download to be fast. If anyone finishes downloading, can they please seed too.
The normal .rar download is still online though.
RDDR and RDoom Pack:
http://files.filefront.com/RDoomv3+1RDD ... einfo.html
RDoom Music Pack:
http://files.filefront.com/RDoomMusicto ... einfo.html
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

personally, not my thing, i just love the swarms of sprite baddies slaughtered in hundreds (that number of models would require a consderably beefy comp)... but indeed this looks quite impressive :) keep the good work up.
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

I play with a laptop, though it is quite a powerful one (Dell Inspiron 1520) and the FPS is generally tops. It's the particles (translucent sprites) which cause most of the issues and some very hi-poly models, but none of such are in my packs. One level literally contains an army of all sorts of demons in 3D (RDoom: E1M28) and the FPS is great, but I will admit my mod is for faster PCs. If you can play Doom 3 on at least 20-30FPS, RDDR should give no issues. There is the Spier Masterminds FPS killing attack which uses hundreds of particles, but these have been removed now for the next release. Anyways, my new 2009 website will be going online either next year or slightly before next year, and I've devised a new system for 'documenting' RDDR and other elements, which will also be usable in game called 'Creature Cards', these are all on my new website and can be used via ACS in game, maybe with a PDA frame for RPG style games, such as my MRise Project.

Here is the Impling for now:
DeathFactory

Post by DeathFactory »

Not too shabby....I've been waiting for 3D additions to really take off in GZDoom.
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Thanks, my packs a big download with there's way over 100 models in it, most Classic Doom things are replaced but RDDR is more meant for custom projects.
Wolf3DFan15

Post by Wolf3DFan15 »

This looks Awsome, toobad I'm the only peer in the Torrent list ;_;

I'd like to see some enemies from Blood 2: the chosen.

Oh and i see you are from England as well X3
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

w00t England!
The torrents aren't working, but the entire pack and music pack can now both be downloaded directly from FileFront. You'll find the links on the RDoom page of my site.
Anyway, a little taster of some of the many 'races' which will be slowly intorduced, so far the pack contains the Marine and the Satyr:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The Worgen and Ryuparien (green dude with the hat) will be in the next update as well and hopefully with a normal Human (nonmarine) race for some of my other mods. (We can't be hunting Korax or Wizards as a marine now can we)!
Wolf3DFan15

Post by Wolf3DFan15 »

Yep cruddy England indeed O.o;

74% on the pack so far dude, thanks looks superb!

EDIT: damn net connection failed at 89%.. start over ;_;

might i suggest making a 2nd part to your pack, which includes the new updates, if you keep updating the same one it will proberly collapse soon.

Oh was wondering if you were familar with the Oddworld games?
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Oddworld Abes Oddysee, Exodus and Munch's Oddysee, didn't go from there, as they spoiled it when they left the PSX to XBox, though munch was ok.

The next releases will be split up into RDDR files and RDoom (with music) seperately. So once you get RDDR you can then download RDoom and add/update it along with other project I'm working on.

There is a super compression file format but it uses specific software.
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Another YouTube video, showing off some new features for 2009:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tvyEPvukpkg
Wolf3DFan15

Post by Wolf3DFan15 »

Heh was just wondering, since it would be nice to have some elements from those games into model formet, especailly the scrabs, paramites and sligs!

offtopic:
you should really play Stranger's wrath.. I ignored it for 3 years since i was an oddworld fan and thought it was nothing to do with it, then i finaly played it and it blew me away! it was awsome! the first part when your just like a mysterious cowboy getting bounties.. later on it is revealed that you are really this centaur thing hiding its legs inside big boots, and you are hunted for your head at this giant snow dam etc its really awsome and expands the oddworld even more!
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

really, interesting, I might look into it, moldel wise, it would be interesting to see paramites and what not in RDDR, Paramites were always my favourites which is why I hated Munch's Oddysee as the Paramites couldn't talk to each other anymore, just make pig like noises, I was really annoyed at how much they destroyed the paramites as I worshiped them when I was younger! lol!
Wolf3DFan15

Post by Wolf3DFan15 »

Hehe... Yeah i'd love to see Scrabs and paramites, i know theres a quake model for a slig some where you could use? that would also be great! especaily if you can get hold of some wav files for their taunts.

If you were to do a paramite i'd suggest something like this

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showth ... ge=1&pp=15

, back to the game.
DAMN MY PC, its so slow and it keeps making all the models change to random colours etc.

Return to “Projects”