svn repo at drdteam.org for community builds?

Discuss the hosted development builds here.
[Home]

Moderator: Dev Builds Team

baghead
Hosted

svn repo at drdteam.org for community builds?

Post by baghead »

This would be awesome for community builds. Commit access could be given to everyone on SVN Team, SoulPriestess, anyone named Chris, myself, and anyone else I'm forgetting. Any chance of this becoming a reality?

Also, kind of a separate thing, I think it would be cool if community builds built gzdoom and zdoom both from the gzdoom source tree... do you guys think this is possible?
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: svn repo at drdteam.org for community builds?

Post by Rachael »

It's not possible because drdteam.org doesn't have a SVN-capable host that I am aware of - both of my hosts do not support it. I probably could ask them if they could install it, though.

SVN isn't as simple as installing a php script to make the whole thing work (though, honestly, a PHP script could be made to handle it). It's an executable program that's compiled, and has to hook into Apache. Since this is a shared hosting site, that's where it becomes a problem...

If someone came to me with a reliable host for it, though, I wouldn't turn it down.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Manc?
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

If he's up for it, sure. I've sent a PM on DoomWorld.

Failing that, I've already registered a SourceForge and BerliOS account. It might be possible to negotiate license terms with one of those hosts.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Wouldn't it make more sense to place these into sub-branches of the main development repository? That way updating and merging would be a lot easier.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

:?:

You lost me there.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

If you want SVN repositories for experimental and community builds they should be branches in the ZDoom/GZDoom SVN repository reaspectively. It's much easier to merge changes back into the trunk or from the trunk into your community build.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

In that case, I will get with you and Randy about that privately, because negotiating the exact details is not a public matter.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

I'm reopening this thread, because I've had no luck getting repository access on Mancubus.net.

Anyway, I've been looking at this host: http://unfuddle.com/

It's $9/mo, which exceeds my intended budget for this kind of thing by $4.50, but if people are willing help pitch in for this kind of thing, I might be willing to consider it. I am not going with any of the free plans or any free hosts, because of license restrictions, and also because of poor support.

Another option to consider would be to condense drdteam.org into a single host, but as it stands currently it needs the services of both hosts that it is on.

So... feel free to discuss.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

http://www.xp-dev.com/ seems promising as far as free hosts go, I do not see any license restriction anywhere.

Return to “Development Builds”