OFFICIAL RESOURCE REQUEST THREAD

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

Chronoteeth

OFFICIAL RESOURCE REQUEST THREAD

Post by Chronoteeth »

Same as before people. Rules are below. Someone give this a sticky please.

This here is the official Request Thread. The rules are simple: request a gun and hope somebody does it for you. For those of you making guns, don't post them in this thread. Post a new topic in the Resource Pool forum and make sure you place in the Description line who the gun was made for (so they notice it).

Addendum: While the Armory provides this thread for the convenience (and cleanliness) of others, we would much prefer if you were to try and learn to do things yourself. Also, please try to limit the number of requests you post at once - otherwise you'll look greedy and people will be less likely to help you.

Double Addendum: This is the thread you use if you need anybody to make ANY kind of resource for you. This includes GRAPHICS, SOUNDS, AND CODE. Do not start any more new threads in the modding help forum requesting resources or code!

Triple Addendum (added by Paul): Please have something to show, or a proof that the hard work someone else's hard work will not be wasted. Too many requests, even if realised went down the drain. Also, please don't request monsters. It's very unlikely to get a full fledged monster to be realised unless you INDIVIDUALLY contact artists.

Here's a fistful of hints when requesting stuff that oughta help you
  • Show some sort of a presentation of your idea. A detailed visual description, a concept art, a mock-up, or something you were coming together with until you decided it's still sub-par with your abilities
    BAD EXAMPLE wrote: I wanna a pistol with a brown handle!
  • Best to show some information of your project
    BAD EXAMPLE wrote: I wanna weapon for my project I'm thinking of starting
  • Don't rush people
    BAD EXAMPLE wrote: When are you gonna make my fscking weapon?!?!?!
Alright, now that all that is down: Anyone know where a good, realistic, doom hands side view revolver is?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Stickie'd. And Nmn is making a Colt King Cobra for a project of mine, I'll post the resource when it's done. It might take a while, though.
DoomEternal

Halo 2

Post by DoomEternal »

What about a Halo Weapon pack? This is quite interesting...
smg m7

Post by smg m7 »

I need to have some weapons made up. I'm making the sprites, but it'd be very appreciated if someone did the coding for them. You'll need a fair knowledge of some more advanced Zdoom features, such as reloading.
Captain Red

Post by Captain Red »

A good AK47 please. (IE not one ripped from counter-strike)
MidoriMan

Post by MidoriMan »

My request is for an original Walther P38 and MP40, for a WW2 mod I've got planned (In other words, not a rip from WolfenDOOM mods and Operation Mjolnir).
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Captain red: Look in idgames for a wad called "sci2". It's got nice muzzle fire, and it looks definatly less like a model rip and more like a sprite gun. You might want to rehand the gun though, the glove on it is a bit dark.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I want a Mateba Autorevolver!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateba_Autorevolver

Preferably in the .357 caliber variant, because you never see brown in doom weapons these days (unless it's a shotgun).
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Who thinks they could make some good auto-shotgun gfx?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I need a GOOD two handed sword, and/or a sword and shield. The two handed sword should have a parry animation showing the handle coming upwards on the screen, and the sword swing should stay on the right side of the screen (that is, it should look like it's being swung more outward than to the side of the screen, almost as if being stabbed forward)
MidoriMan

Post by MidoriMan »

Currently, I eschew my previous request and now request for a Benelli Nova.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh21-e.htm
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Well, I want a Colt 1911, and the Turok 2's pistol. note: The Colt 1911 must not be from Immoral conduct. and the Turok 2's pistol, i want all the weapon's firing frames!
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Okay, I need a railgun. No, not the tiny barreled ones, the gigantic big barreled ones. If it's possible, could it also have a screen on it? It can be a rip or a sprite, doesn't matter.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Anyone got the Turok Rage Wars pistol?
BlackFish

Post by BlackFish »

Can some1 port the doom 2.5 weapons into gzdoom?

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”