[Demonic Uprising] Screenshot Mayhem p.1 (join now!)

Talk about our & your projects.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

[Demonic Uprising] Screenshot Mayhem p.1 (join now!)

Post by Tormentor667 »

Progress report
Hello ZDoom fellows and followers. Some of you reading this now might be already part of HPack, most of you are not I guess. First of all before doing another kind of ad-spam towards the activity of the project, it's about time to give you a small inside-view of the project's status. We have already a huge amount of things finished, mostly resources, basics, general rules in terms of layout, gameplay and mapping but what we still need the most are people to help us with the missing maps. A detailed list can be found here.
  • 13 maps are finished
  • 17 maps are in progress
  • 4 unfinished maps are free for volunteers
  • 4 mapslots are claimed
Beyond these dates, there are still numerous slots left open which desperately need someone who fills them up
  • 4 slots in Episode 3 ("Into the Furnace", burning/fiery hell style)
  • 5 slots in Episode 4 ("Hell's Wake", ruined cities, hell/urban mixed)
  • 7 slots in Episode 5 ("The Astral Plane", void style, crazy/magical/unreal)
We do not actually have to fill up each episode with 9 (or more) maps, but especially the remaining episodes would really be cool if they'd had more action, because they are very different from the standard Heretic layout and texturing, that we already know. To get a small idea, simply check the "WIP" screenshots in the "Demonic Uprising" map development forum.

If you do not have any ideas or if you need inspiration, feel free to sign up, get access to the SVN repository and download the latest version with all the maps and resources that are already done. That will definitely help, promised, especially because so many resources are already finished.
  • Countless new enemies, some of them not even on the Realm667 Beastiary
  • Countless decorations
  • Countless new items and powerups
  • Fully GZDoom/ZDoom compatible content (even GLDEFed stuff for nifty dynamic lighting)
  • Over 1000 new textures to choose from
  • ZDoom/GZDoom as base engine - nothing is impossible
So if you do not want it to die, abandon or even released as unfinished product, join us now and let us finish "Demonic Uprising" (also known as HPack), it really deserves a great end because Heretic is just amazing! More information can be found at the official development forums. If you have questions, feel free to ask!

Best Wishes,
Tormentor667 and the Demonic Uprising Team

PS: As a little bonus, some screenshots from Gez' "The Void Temple" as an appetizer and mapping motivator (wip btw)
Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: [Demonic Uprising] The Heretic Community project - Join

Post by Rex Claussen »

Fabulously atmospheric (almost looks like Heretic 2) and marvelous architecture.

Good luck to the team.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Oooh, yes, that does look very nice indeed.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Interested in joining? :) I already asked you years ago Nigel, how is your shedule lately? Same goes to you Rex, maybe some Heretic mapping might be a nice alternation while working on your E2 remake ;)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Tormentor667 wrote:Interested in joining?...... Rex, maybe some Heretic mapping might be a nice alternation while working on your E2 remake ;)
Tempting, but I'll have to decline for now. Aside from the E2 remake, I'm trying to wrap up work on The Phobos Directive, and have three other smaller projects that I'm trying to get done. Too much juggling, and I'm afraid I'll drop one or more balls if I join the Heretic project.

Give me about a month, and I'll see how I'm doing. If my plate is getting cleared up I'll commit to a map on HCP. Thanks, nonetheless.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks for the interest Rex. Most likely HPack won't be finished in the next few weeks and months, so chances are good I guess. Looking forward to your reply then :)
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Screenshot Mayhem!!!

...so yes, something is actually happening and progress is running fine. So, if you are still interesting in being part of something really epic that hasn't been seen before in the world of Heretic, then join us now! Still some slots are left open! :)

Link: http://www.realm667.com/board/viewforum.php?f=16

Best Regards,
Torm
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: [Demonic Uprising] Screenshot Mayhem p.1 (join now!)

Post by Enjay »

Wow, stunning. Those shots have loads of atmosphere and because many of them feature clearly identifiable structures that could conceivably exist in a fantasy scenario, it gives an impression of completeness and a sense of place. It is far more of a tangible environment than the original game.

As for me taking part, an ongoing problem with my arm has meant that I haven't really been able to devote any time to any serious mod development for months (perhaps even over a year) now. :(
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks alot for the kind words Nigel :)

Though the problems with your arms still do not sound very appealing to me :( Not because of the project of course, I really hope it gets better soon. I still don't get it why this stays for such a long time :-/
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Tormentor667 wrote:I still don't get it why this stays for such a long time :-/
If you figure it out, let me know so I can tell my doctor and physiotherapist what to do. They haven't made much impact so far. :lol:
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

I'll see what I can do ..well, do I get a copy of your ASPECTS TC if I find a solution? ;)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Enjay wrote:If you figure it out, let me know ....
It's all that swordplay and swashbuckling you do when not at work.

But staying on track here, marvellous screenshots, Dan. Bravo! Makes me want to reinstall Heretic on my computer. [I haven't played Heretic in probaby 10 years.]
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Rex Claussen wrote:It's all that swordplay and swashbuckling you do when not at work.
You know... it's Aspects, over and over again ;)
Rex Claussen wrote:But staying on track here, marvellous screenshots, Dan. Bravo! Makes me want to reinstall Heretic on my computer. [I haven't played Heretic in probaby 10 years.]
Thanks, though it's not only my work, the shots are from numerous other mappers taking part in it. Well, instead of only playing Heretic, I'd be happier if you join us ;) (yes, I keep trying Rex :))

Return to “Projects”