Update DB2!!

Discuss the hosted development builds here.
[Home]

Moderator: Dev Builds Team

Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: Update DB2!!

Post by Tiger »

Nash wrote:I need the r1485 binaries so badly for the GZDoom floor/ceiling pan/rotate/scale!!! D:
Keep in mind that you can already compile a 'release' build and enforce the 'GZDoom VM' to be compiled with the DB engine. However, you'll need a few prerequisites before accomplishing this. I do apologize that I have yet to make a release on this massive bat project; I have been rather side-tracked on learning two new internet bills that the US Gov is trying to push (similarly to the already passed US Internet Firewall law) and how it would effect my current major project and its outside resources, also I am currently watching a Iowa GOP debate via Youtube (I really prefer to stay out of politics, but I feel that I need to share my voice). However, I have already implemented a bit more to the program and currently writing the 'Ready to Use' method which takes effect after the compiling phase is completed. I am really trying to make this program user-friendly, and less intimidating for standard users when something screws up or in its overall processes. Consequently as this program is a bit slow in its release, I will try to compile a new build within several hours.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
NeoHippo

Post by NeoHippo »

1. Frankly I'm a bit puzzled why Codeimp doesn't release the latest revisions, which are not 'work in progress' as an official release. Obviously he has undertaken the task of upgrading the editor, for which I am grateful, but then just lets it sit there for someone else to provide the binaries. Just doesn't make any sense.

At least Tiger is willing to take up the slack.

2. From the r1466 release statements I take it that some of the plugins also need to undergo an upgrade. While this is good to know, it leaves me in the lurch about which of the plugins are thusly affected.

BuilderModes.dll
CommentsPanel.dll
CopyPasteSectorProps.dll
DrawText.dll
GZDoomEditing.dll
ImageDrawingExample.dll
Lighting.dll
MakeCircles.dll
MassUndoRedo.dll
SectInfo.dll
StairSectorBuilder.dll
Statistics.dll
TagRange.dll
USDF.dll

I'm not sure if there are other plugins.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

As my Operating System is not Windows Experience (XP), I need someone Windows Experience to quickly test this small .bat and copy what the screen displays.

http://pastebin.com/8nKGYtx0

EDIT: Updated and included a reserved Critical Error method. I doubt this will ever be called on the program, but it is there if incase it does happen.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
NeoHippo

Post by NeoHippo »

Is that what you are looking for ?
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Thanks
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Great, next step is to magically fit this compatibility into the current working code.... I am going to need a tester soon.

Code: Select all

:Win5Compatibility
CLS
ECHO %DBHeader1%
ECHO %DBHeader2%
ECHO          Windows 5.1 Compatibility
::This is a Compatibility layer for Windows 5.1 (Windows Experience); this layer should also work with Windows 2000 Professional
::As Win5.x was shipped without CHOICE.exe, we must treat CHOICES differently with PAUSES.  Regardless of the users wish, they will be forced to compile everything.
SET DBSVNVar=2
SET Win5Compat=TRUE
ECHO  Windows XP Compatibility is now enabled!  This program will be a bit less interactive!
ECHO.
::To avoid lawsuits, redisplay the legal crap again.  (ugh)
ECHO  [...]
ECHO.
ECHO  Press any key to continue this program...
PAUSE>NUL
GOTO Main
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Good news everyone! After fiddling with the code (471 lines) and learning how important it was to switch the text to Windows format instead of Unix (which could have saved myself so much headache in doing this before), I will release a beta version this program once I resolve a few minor issues!

Note: Win5.1 support is most likely broken; I will try to find a way to restore it. Last resort, dedicated Win5.1 bat file.
Note 2: I kinda wish I knew of a way to scale down that image... Thanks NeoHippo!
Last edited by Tiger on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:29, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

HEY YOU! Stop following this post and follow this one!

And here it is!

[list]
[*]Doom Builder 2 (SVN) Revision: 1486
[*]Make Private Build (.batch)
[list][*]Pastebin (for those that feel safer with viewing it on Pastebin; I would - personally.)
[*]Pastebin (HotFix #1)
[*]Pastebin (beta 1)
[*]Pastebin (beta 2)
[*]Pastebin (beta 3)[/list][/list]

MakePrivateBuild.bat - Instructions:
Place the file in the same directory as 'MakeRelease.bat' within the DB2 WC, and also be sure that the following software is already installed:
[list]
[*]Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2008 (or 2010) C#
[*]SlimDX (2011 September)
[*] (OPTIONAL) HTML Help Workshop and Documentation[/list]
Before release, I tried to make this program a bit more compatible with Windows XP. Can someone be kind enough to send feedback regarding this programs performance, bugs, and even crashes that anyone encounters.

EDIT: Updated MakePrivateBuild; fixed a variable name that I originally forgot to change. This affects Windoes 5.x users.
EDITDeux: Fixed an issue when XPCompat==TRUE users would be prompted that the ReadyBuild dir would be removed even though it may not exist. Slight code clean up.
EDITDrei: BETA 2!!!
EDITQuadrupled: Beta 3 (Processing Improvement!)
Last edited by Tiger on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:46, edited 5 times in total.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
NeoHippo

Post by NeoHippo »

Thank you, Tiger.

[edit] deleted image
Last edited by NeoHippo on Tue Dec 20, 2011 18:40, edited 2 times in total.
Xtyfe

Post by Xtyfe »

<3
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Fixed a variable name conflict in 'MakePrivateBuild.bat' (Var: Win5Compat => Win5Compatibility) with Windows XP compatibility mode.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

NeoHippo

Post by NeoHippo »

@ Nash
Do you use 7-zip 9.20 ?
Kappes Buur
Persecution Complex

Post by Kappes Buur »

In case it might be useful, I pulled out all the key assignments. A couple of them are custom.
Attachments
DB2r1486_Keys.txt
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Nash wrote::RageFace:
I checked the file after uploading to my service provider for both viruses and accessibility, both in which passed. And just recently (thirty minutes ago to be exact) I rechecked the file, everything on my side is fine. Following with NeoHippo, you are using the latest 7zip official build?
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Return to “Development Builds”