The dynamic lights are being weird

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

blueinferno776

The dynamic lights are being weird

Post by blueinferno776 »

Hello, since I got a new laptop on september gzdoom has had a weird problem with the lights not glowing off of walls and floors randomly, they work most of the time until the glows suddenly stop reflecting off of anything right in front of my eyes then just reappier randomly. Only the sprites are not effected.

This was benign until I tried playing cheogsh in the part inside the castle where it useses only dynamic lighting. It will suddenly become pitch black with only the sprites still lit up. I cant play any maps like this one anymore.

My hardware

CPU: AMD A8 7410 APU with r5 graphics

GPU: AMD Radeon r7 m360
RAM: 16gb

AMD swichable graphics enabled

Edit: I always use the most recent git builds once there posted. The problem persisted in every build I used so far.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: The dynamic lights are being weird

Post by Rachael »

This may seem boring and repetitive and unnecessary, but it is necessary. Can you follow the instructions in this link?

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6762

Additionally, since your graphics are switchable, can you also test with your Intel processor (or whatever low-powered GPU you have), if GZDoom still supports it?
blueinferno776

Post by blueinferno776 »

My hardware was released in may of 2015. My radeon r5 is my integrated card. The problem exists with both of my cards and with amds latest drivers.

Hope I did this right.
Attachments
blu776_dxdiag1_15_2016.txt
My laptop hardware info.
(100.77 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Yes, you did that right. Looks to be a problem in the latest AMD driver again.

Unfortunately, not much can be done right now, since Graf does not have any AMD computers available to use, and the one I use is already getting to be a bit too old, anyway.

You can try reporting a driver bug (and link the latest GZDoom builds in your report along with your thread), but in my experience, AMD is largely unhelpful with these reports.

I tried finding legacy AMD drivers, but I have not had any luck.
blueinferno776

Post by blueinferno776 »

I had an amd A10 5750m apu on my older laptop with only an integrated Radeon HD 8650g, I had catalyst 15.7 drivers installed in it like my new laptop at the time and never had this problem with the old one.

Radeon HD 8650g uses the VLIW4 architecture.
Radeon r5 IGP and Radeon r7 m360 uses the GCN architecture.

I think its narrowed down to amds gpu types.( trying to make this sound like sense)

Return to “GZDoom”