Is the OS X GZDoom source port up to date with the latest windows dev builds?

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

veggies

Is the OS X GZDoom source port up to date with the latest windows dev builds?

Post by veggies »

First post here, sorry in advance if the question is stupid / in the wrong place / etc.

I'm trying to use the Smart Scavengerhttp://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/a ... 3/#6013796 mod on OS X. On the page I just linked, it says that the latest dev build is required. I tried the latest stable release and latest pre-release os x build (0.5.7), and finally cloned the git repo down locally and confirmed that indeed I don't know shit about compiling anything from C++. :)

I'm just checking to see if a disparity in build versions is the culprit as I suspect, or if anyone else has gotten Smart Scavenger working in OS X.

Thank you, and sorry again if this is dumb or in the wrong place!
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Re: Is the OS X GZDoom source port up to date with the latest windows dev builds?

Post by _mental_ »

0.5.7 was up-to-date at the moment of its creation which was almost 3 week ago.
If something got fixed since then, it's already present in Windows build but not in OS X. So minimal discrepancy is possible.
What is the exact problem you have?
By the way to build from source code you just need to install Xcode from AppStore, open the project from the cloned repo and hit Play button.

EDIT: Tried the vanilla version of Smart Scavenger with the latest GZDoom on Windows. It operates quite strange: ammo boxes cannot be picked up in most cases. Sorry, have no time to investigate it further at the moment.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Is the OS X GZDoom source port up to date with the latest windows dev builds?

Post by Rachael »

Actually I was going to ask if you had tried it on Wine yet. As nice as a native OS X Port for GZDoom definitely is, having that system handy would definitely help in these types of situations. GZDoom worked perfectly fine on Wine back in the days of OS X 10.4. I don't know how much has changed since.

Return to “GZDoom”