Wad In Progress/Limbo

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Only in the 3rd, and your name is already in the ever-growing credits list, and is mentioned in comments in the DECORATE Code.

The one on the Top is the 1337 Marine skin with a modified sprite (Modified by Me), I know in the S_SKINS lump is says it was created by Toke.

Im also using the UACTank, UACWalker, and FireDrake. With Credit Given in the DECORATE code. I try to keep everyone happy.
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Started work on a new weapon, which is less a weapon, and more of a defensive option.

Also, if anyone has an example of Armor code in Decorate, or at least knowledge on how to make armors in Decorate, I would appreciate it.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Hmm, odd. Most likely WW knows this one.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Chronoteeth wrote:Hmm, odd. Most likely WW knows this one.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to modify armor.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

There's one in ZDGuns.wad.
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Got a couple of examples, God I cant wait to finish this semester so I can start working on this mod at a decent rate again . . .
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Christmas Themed Weapon. Enjoy!
Attachments
XMas.zip
(65.14 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Ho ho ho. :P
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

<----- Ran into a bit of a probelem regarding either XWE or my Wad, although I think it would be XWE, once I start typing stuff in the bottom part of my DECORATE lump, the text and everything moves extremely slowly, while if I type at the top, its still at a normal speed. Although I wouldnt be surprised if it has something to do with the fact that my DECORATE lump has almost 10,000 lines of code.

9971 lines with 196608 characters (I think the second number is characters)
NeoWorm

Post by NeoWorm »

Export / edit in notepad / import back ?
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Yea . . . but that takes me out of my coding "Habitat"
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Yea, I've been away from Doom Modding for awhile.
I decided to start streamlining the mod a bit, due to the obscene amount of code and the large file size (7 Megs).

So as a small Changelog of sorts:

- Ditched the Suicide Gun (Blatantly taken from Linguicas' (Cant Spell) mod with the refersed handgun. Yes I loved every minute of the Marine blowing his head off I fealt I should add it.
- Ditched the D64 Super Shotgun due to the fact that I was never that enthused about it anyway, and I already have 3 new SSG type Guns, and an Assult Rifle with a shotgun altfire.
- Made the Flak cannon alot more interesting, as it now blows up when its next to an enemy aswell as at random distances (Minor bugs are being worked out), the shell also slings out . . . Get this, Flak.
- I also started fixing my more newbish coding problems and errors, and I hope to bring the file size down another 200 or so Kilobytes from code fixes alone
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

:D
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Supdate

-Got the Scourge working almost exactly how I wanted it to
-Figured out the whole PNG loading thing (Although Transparencies are still giving me a problem)
-Swapped out the older Titlepic for one of my own creation
-yanked out 1/4 of my hair because there are still no good actionfunctions to spawn something at random directions that dont come with other issues (SpawnDebris shoots the stuff up in the air and ignores ThrustThingZ, PainDie basically shoots the spawned things at the player, A_CustomMissile doesnt work if the spawning object hits a wall, etc etc)
-Added a new Vortexing Cannon thing, Its more along the lines of a test than anything
-Finally Gave Meteors their own explosion graphics, although Im not satisfied with them
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Had a chance to play with some of the new weapons and monsters in Coop with friends. I had a blast,Especially with the EMGs and the Field Rifles.

Oh, and I fixed some scaling and transparency problems, and increased the primary fire Tanker Cannon Shell's Explosion damage by 100%, effectively making it a Very powerful gun

Return to “Development Journals”