HOWTO: Access Mac Wolf3D CDs and Disk Images on Windows

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: HOWTO: Access Mac Wolf3D CDs and Disk Images on Windows

Post by Rachael »

I found a copy with .dsk files - it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. As it turns out, you're right, the .dsk files aren't supported by Virtual CloneDrive - actually, funny enough, those are floppy disk images. I was able to mount them in Windows and read them with HFS explorer.

But then I got stuck with some installer files that I cannot run on a Windows system, and opening them in 7-zip didn't work, so I am still trying to see what I can do with them.

Unfortunately, if you're going to have a copy that's similar to mine, you're still going to be stuck at the point I am at. I at least have the installer now though, so I will see what I can do from there. I might just have to load in a PowerPC virtual machine with OS 9 or something.
EmpireFaust

Re: HOWTO: Access Mac Wolf3D CDs and Disk Images on Windows

Post by EmpireFaust »

I am necro-ing this thread for the sake of relevance because creating an entirely new thread for one super specific question/answer seems counterintuitive. I am trying to encode " Second Encounter (30 Levels)" as a MacBinary file and I keep getting this message:
"Damn, an error occurred, in fact it was error -37, not very informative I know, sorry."
Removing the parentheses from the file name makes the MacBin conversion possible, but is changing the file name inside the .bin a problem for ECWolf? If so, how do I macbin the levels?
Last edited by EmpireFaust on Wed Jan 11, 2023 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ECWolf”