Ideas for a Trampoline-Themed Map

Moderator: Rex Claussen

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Ideas for a Trampoline-Themed Map

Post by Rex Claussen »

In this thread Nigel contributed an excellent gameplay device. It is a Xen trampoline model that can thrust the player vertically and horizontally. I am mulling ideas for a Xen map that uses this device, and I am canvassing for ideas. Here's what I have so far:

1. The traditional trick of using a trampoline to jump up to a ledge to make progress. [An added task is to have the trampoline blocked until the player has completed an objective.]
2. Using a trampoline to thrust a player across a gap in the floor. Again, the trampoline can be blocked until the player has completed some task.
3. Requiring a player to jump across a gap but having a trampoline on the ceiling prvent that until it has been deacivated.

Any other suggestions?
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Ideas for a Trampoline-Themed Map

Post by Rex Claussen »

Map 37 is now a trampoline-driven puzzle map. I have started the map and have some ideas I've begun implementing. We'll see how it turns out.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Ideas for a Trampoline-Themed Map

Post by Rex Claussen »

Rex Claussen wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 20:35 Map 37 is now a trampoline-driven puzzle map. I have started the map and have some ideas I've begun implementing. We'll see how it turns out.
It's turned out quite well, actually. Most of the trampolines are "traditional", in that they thrust the player upwards. However, there is a trampoline that thrusts the player downward and one that thrusts the player sideways.

Return to “Maps”