DuduKrazy's Mod Journal

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- I started working on the Plasma Discharge Unit. But before i start making the code, what kind of primary attack should this weapon do?
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Since the word discharge comes to mind, think of it as a concussion gun that fires an invisible tracer that pushes enemies back and away a crap load. Not too damaging, it'd be more for a cover. It'd be cool if you could make it shoot a shockwave, or a "bent light" wave.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

ok. that sounds good but the alternate kick attack already does that. it sends monsters away.

-Updates:

- Increased the damage for the Freezethrower. It was very underpowered against bigger monsters like the barons of hell or the cacodemons.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- Remade the ACS script from scratch and added the muzzle climb code from the Diaz Remake.

- Added recoil on most weapons.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- Added an awesome custom Doom tech demo-style status bar. Replaces the standard status bar. Now i'll make a gzdoom fullscreen status bar replacement for those who don't like to play with the standard one.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Well. i think i done a lot with the mod so it's time to make a beta release

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wp5q64

If you guys are interested in testing my mod, go ahead and download it. Be advised that the mod has a serious bug which makes gzdoom freeze when you die no matter if you get shot, gibbed or used the "kill" command in the console. at least WildWeasel made a topic about that, and hopefully Graf Zahl will know about that soon.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Yeeah, the discharge gun isn't that much fun. It's too... bare.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

it's because i still can't think of a nice attack without making the weapon too overpowered.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Plasma GL?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Chronoteeth wrote:Plasma GL?
Chrono, you're going to have to learn to write complete sentences, because I did not understand one bit of what you just wrote. Is it that hard? This isn't IRC. This isn't some instant messenger program. You don't need to write your replies in less than 30 seconds.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- After reading Graf Zahl's post, i realized that the freeze bug was caused by the deselect states. I removed these custom states until i find a better way to implement a faster weapon switching without making the program freeze when you die.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- Added a much better version of the M249 Para as well as muzzle climb recoil.

- I decided to remove the UACRV. It looks strange to fly a ship on indoor areas. instead, i will add a jetpack like the one from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. the only difference is that you can only use one weapon: two plasma accelerators (from SiN). But now i can't find a way of making a powerup that will give the weapon and taking it away from inventory once the powerup is over.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

More Updates:

- Added TERRAIN definitions.

- Added the blood and gib effects from Nashgore.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

Updates:

- Replaced the Lameduke RPG with the Napalm Launcher from the alpha version of Blood. It looks and resembles the original Doom rocket launcher.

- Changed the name of the new rocket launcher to RPG-8.

- When using the ninja scroll, the RPG-8 will fire frag rockets.

I don't know if the powered-up version of this new rocket launcher is overpowered or not. i managed to kill the spider mastermind with 13 shots.
Visplane_Overflow

Post by Visplane_Overflow »

Well, you could land a one-hit KO on the Spider Mastermind in original Doom, so thirteen shots doesn't sound so bad.

Return to “Development Journals”