Funny crap that happened to you or that you did to some one.

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.

Are you a follower of The Dark Carnival?

Yes
No votes
No
17%
WTF?
83%

Total votes: 6

chopkinsca

Post by chopkinsca »

Off topic, but it relates to the author: Heh, I like the part in your website where you list the types of music you listen to. Namely this part:
... Black Metal (SOAD!!!), ... Heavy-Metal (Korn) ...

Just think, when you're older, you'll look back and say "man, I was such a retard back then". If not, then I pity you.
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

SOAD - black metal? :laugh:
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

Korn...HEAVY METAL? SOAD...BLACK METAL? Boy, what a fucking moron.

I sure hope MasterOFDeath doesn't see this, he'll throw a FIT over the whole black metal part.
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

System of a Down is alternative/progressive. Korn is NOT metal, they are just shit. Pure mallgoth poser shit that is a cancer on the music industry. I wish the whole band would just die in a huge fire.

*goes back to hiding*
Last edited by MasterOFDeath on Thu Jun 08, 2006 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Bashe wrote: Boy, what a fucking moron.
MoD wrote:Retard.
Guys please. Sure he's wrong, but let's not make ourselves look wrong.

HOWEVER!
MoD wrote:Korn is NOT metal, they are just shit
My dear pilgrim! Finally someone said it so clearly along the confused masses.
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Paul wrote:
Bashe wrote: Boy, what a fucking moron.
MoD wrote:Retard.
Guys please. Sure he's wrong, but let's not make ourselves look wrong.
Heh, true. I'll remove it from my post and I apologize. However, I would personally advise researching music before just throwing genres around like that.
HOWEVER!
MoD wrote:Korn is NOT metal, they are just shit
My dear pilgrim! Finally someone said it so clearly along the confused masses.
Look! I found pieces of korn in my shit! :P
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

Korn is actuly (Well, thier old stuff since thier new stuff IS kinda shitty:(. ) NuMetal(?). I was almost certain that SOAD said they were BlackMetal on the sohw Uranium (That was BEFORE the release of Mezmerise, which I HATE! They used to be cool, like thier CD Toxicity).
MoD: We are ALL entitled to OUR OPINION. Don't call me a freakin' retard. You won't like me when I'm angry.
Bashe: Same as MoD
Chopinska: Same as MoD
Atleast it ain't like GreenDay.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

I always find it amusing how uptight people get about classifying various bands into different forms of metal. Sure, people seem to love to classify all sorts of music, but the metal-heads seem to get especially anal (and abusive) about what type of metal individual bands can be categorised under. Why is there a need to do this at all? If you like it, listen to it. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Getting all hung up over which box to put the band in seems pretty pointless to me.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Music genres are among the most confusing things known to man. I'm glad I'm not a metal-head...all I care about are classical music, classic rock, and video game music. (Though come to think of it...there was that eternal debate over what was "classical" and what was "romantic"...)
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

Wise words Enjay. Wise words indeed. I have removed the 'upsetting' paragraph from my website in order to end any other quarling over this pointless subject. There fore, I request that we drop this subject and let it exit our heads.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

SOAD is hard rock, JFYI :P

I really don't care what other people call music, as I get all my genres from wikipedia searches for each band, and before that just classified everything like metal, rock, hard rock, heavy metal, metalcore, rockcore, nu-metal and 80s metal under the generic title of rock, yet I called punk rock punk, and hip hop/rap music was just rap & hip hop.

Couldn't be easier, right?
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

HEY! Re-Read my last post(before this one).
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

I will admit that I am biased on this whole situatin because I have an IMMENSE hate of nu metal bands (notably Slipknot and Korn, SOAD isn't nu metal though I actually like their stuff). I apologize if anybody thought I was taking it too far.
Doomed Soul wrote:Korn is actuly (Well, thier old stuff since thier new stuff IS kinda shitty:(. ) NuMetal(?). I was almost certain that SOAD said they were BlackMetal on the sohw Uranium (That was BEFORE the release of Mezmerise, which I HATE! They used to be cool, like thier CD Toxicity).
MoD: We are ALL entitled to OUR OPINION. Don't call me a freakin' retard.
Hence why I apologized and removed the retard comment, which you seem to not want to notice. And as far as "seeing you when you get mad", thats very scary, especially over the internet. You're real frightening. :roll:
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Slipknot...

...nu-metal?

I don't get it...

I've heard them be called the following before now:

Thrash Metal
Metal
Metalcore
Heavy Metal

but never nu-metal...

@DS: Uh huh, I know :P
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Phobus wrote:Slipknot...

...nu-metal?

I don't get it...
All the little Slipknot fanboys find something else to call them besides nu metal, but they are entirely nu metal up and down. Thrown out of tune guitars, screaming/rapping "singing", whiny lyrics aobut "lol sad", heck everything. And to top it off I just cannot stand a band as fake as Slipknot. Gimmicky, stupid image, shitty music, and of course some of the record companies biggest ****suckers. At least to me. They don't even own their own music, let alone produce it. And their sould could likely be pulled off with just 4 people, but nope to be even more gimmicky they have to have 9 people in the band. And don't say "BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THEM LIVE?" I've forced myself because of such requests to endure their awful live performance which consisted of nothing but a few people playing, Corey's awful screaming, too many fog machines, and one guy running around beating on random instruments. Stupid and pointless, no real energy. And don't get me started on their fanbase, which almost entirely consists of those retarded little 14 year old poseur/mallgoths running around Hot Topic blastic their "hardcore gothic death and black metal" Slipknot and Mudvayne wearing those godawful baggy parachute pants and acting depressed because "being depressed is cool".

Now, as I've said, I am VERY slanted in this argument. However, I do have a source to back me up on one part.
Wikipedia wrote:Slipknot is a nu-metal/alternative metal band located in Des Moines, Iowa, formed in 1995 and currently signed to Roadrunner Records.
*inhales* now that thats over with, I assume this thread will be nuked for arguing or something? Did it even have a point to begin with?

Return to “Off-Topic”