MP3 INTO WAD???

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.
Hell_Best

MP3 INTO WAD???

Post by Hell_Best »

Hi wonder how to load in an mp3 into an wad:?:
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Import it with XWE.

Then rename it to D_Runnin or whatever you wish to, and/or setup the mapinfo.

Post by Alter »

Set it up in MAPINFO because it takes less time!
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

Time required to load a lump in XWE, press F2 and type D_RUNNIN or D_SHAWN or D_whatever: less than 10 seconds.
Time required to load a lump in XWE and make a MAPINFO lump: more than 10 seconds unless you're divine.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I think Alter there also included the time needed to navigate, or even find the desired tune on the net or in your collection ;) I know the longest part of resources collecting is not inserting them to the wad, but either making them, or finding them somewhere.

Post by Alter »

If you want heavy music in your level then you're searchin music over net which takes the longest time in inserting music!
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

unless you've got it on your drive from before...
*uses amon amarth's "versus the world" as a theme/battle song in teh new project*
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

Hold up, you can have MP3s in WADs that you RELEASE? I thought Doom: Total Rampage(?, The one where you play as a Baron Oh Hell, I think.) got in trouble for that? If you can, I'm loadin' up Hell Opps with 'em!
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Feel free to put MP3's in your wads, but this will make your wad file GI-FREAKING-NORMOUS and it will be rejected if you try and upload it to the idgames archives. Because let's face it - it's not exactly legal to be putting that sort of music on the 'net for free download.
Paul

Post by Paul »

It is a fact about the /idgames archives rejecting wads with mp3s, but not wholly. If in the text file you provide, along the description, permission, or proof, that hi-quality music you got in your wad was made for your wad by any music author, then everything is completely legal. This also applies to freeware music that can be used in wads, such as the stuff from Doom Depot (though I'm not sure if it is 100% legal, but AFAIK, there's no OST from PSX Doom or Doom64 being sold, so no rights are harmed. Who the hell would want to listen to them tunes from a cd I dunno ;) )

Putting commercial music into a wad is as stupid as emailing the president because the local police is slacking off in their duties. Who would want to listen to Kate Ryan or Haiducii (or whatever crap) when playing a doom wad is fucking beyond me. :? I've never downloaded Doom: Rampage Edition, though I rea-haha-lilly don't regret it, I dunno what he put into the 80 megs music wad. That's right, 80 megs. Before you consider making a behemoth of your wad because of hi-quality music that does spice up the atmosphere but isn't worth the fuss because of the quality of the game you're playing, you might wanna consider using mods, midis or oggs. Ogg vorbis format is especially nice because of its compression-they are smaller than goddamn mp3s and the quality remains quite nice. Midis would still suffice for Doom as well. It's best to consider putting omfg hi-quality muzak so my wad is ubar twice, because there are still people on dialups who don't want to download 15 megs because the author decided to spice his linear, repetitive, whatever wad with quality music (and that's omfg).

Right.

Post by Alter »

I give example here:
If you're putting mp3 from someone's wad you need permission!
I used zdcmp1 D_OBLVN music but before using i asked tormentor667 if i could use music! better ask before use!
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

OK!!! I was going to put in some Heavy Metal and Death Metal to get the player "Pumped". I guess I have to make one of my friends make some music. Any one have Cannibal Corpse's E-Mail address so I can ask them if it's OK? Unless Make Them Suffer is 'freeware' since I got it for free from Download Punk since they 'supposedly' let it out to the public. Can I use it?
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Doomed Soul wrote:OK!!! I was going to put in some Heavy Metal and Death Metal to get the player "Pumped".
Now I know I'll be playing that wad with -nomusic...
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

And so will I.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Same here

Return to “Off-Topic”