Armory Resource WAD

Here you can chat about the Doom Armory itself, weapon mods, and whatever else that might be related somehow. [Home]

Moderator: wildweasel

DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Oh crap, it's already the next day here in Michigan and I have nothing ready. >_> guess I'll get to it tomorrow, somehow. (hungrily waddles off to the kitchen)

Post by Alter »

Someone would make minigun here :lol:
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

FIRST ENTRY!

The revolver from my un-named mod:

http://tda.drdteam.org/ZNewRevolver.zip
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

TDA's Revolver has been accepted as a Power Level 3 weapon in the Special section.
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

EDIT: Wait, never mind, everything you said is fixed.
Attachments
healinghands.zip
The fixed version of the Healing Hands!
(32.76 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

DoomRater wrote:
Syntax is incorrect- A_FireBullets does NOT take decimal values. They must be integers. As a result the weapon has no spread. I'm calling this one borked until it's changed.
What? It's because of a lack of A_Refire.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Hey weasel, do you think I should resubmit my dust blower?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

TheDarkArchon wrote:
DoomRater wrote:
Syntax is incorrect- A_FireBullets does NOT take decimal values. They must be integers. As a result the weapon has no spread. I'm calling this one borked until it's changed.
What? It's because of a lack of A_Refire.
Yeah, I already got hammered on that. >_> seriously, why didn't I know about decimals being allowed beforehand?

I'm gonna submit a SHOTGUN OMFG. This one comes with a bajillion options (including a street sweeper function to queue up to four shells and a choke function to direct how much spread the blast should have) and a shitload of power. The only real problem with it is the complexity of the weapon, which should offset the power.

I thought of two different ways to use the choke on the weapon, but I dunno which way would be better- setting the weapon's choke manually, or having the user hold down fire to make it shoot with a tighter spread. Thoughts?
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

I think I will submit the Plasma Cannon from my mod Red Pain (un-finished). Since I no longer have the file, could some one rip it and submit it for me? If you do so, you can put in your name in a little credits thingy at the top of the DECORATE file like this "//Submited for Doomed Soul by %PutNameHere.

@DoomRater: SHOTGUN OMFG!!! Sounds like a shell-powered BFG! Set choke manually using something like the action_reload thing, except not for reloading, I you get my drift. If you don't, bind a key to a Custom Inventory item that when used, gives you a "dummy item" that is incorporated in the DECORATE for the SHOTGUN OMFG to alter choke.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

DoomRater: You can always adapt your action_reload system to suit a setting for the choke. Hence I say manual.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I know about the reload setting. Actually, since I might want more generic actions down the road, I'm thinking of changing that to WeaponSpecial instead. But two votes for manual, so I'm gonna go for it.

Adjusting choke will be done by holding down the Special button and pressing fire/altfire. Weapon goes from near rifle accuracy to a nice spread.

By the way, I actually named it the 1 Gauge Shotgun. Its original power was so great only most of the 6 man army could weild it. This is a GI version.

I'm gonna enjoy this! >D
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Armory Resource WAD

Post by Graf Zahl »

wildweasel wrote: Addendum 1: 7/30/2006
[*]You do not need to assign an editor number to your weapon and/or ammo pickups. I will be using my own selection of editor numbers (3100-3999).

That clashes with the monster resource WAD. Better use a different range of editor numbers (e.g. 2100-2999)
Lord Mattus

Post by Lord Mattus »

Oh Boy. This is gonna be so good!

Edit: Could we like get some Weapons from ZDGUNS by daniel?
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

ACK! I knew it, :(
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Lord Mattus wrote:Could we like get some Weapons from ZDGUNS by daniel?
Oh, god no.

Return to “Doom Armory”