9%
B
3%
C
89%

Total votes: 35

Lioyd_Irving

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

Call me idiot if you want...but I don't get why you don't just move to zdoom.org.
I mean, almost everyone here (if not everyone here at all) goes
at the ZDoom site in addition to this one. Not to mention the community,
which is about three times the size of this one.

Then why not being hosted by it ? I agree that the DRD team has very few to do
with ZDoom itself, but it's not completely separate...

...is it ?
Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson and Adolf Hitler all drank water. You criminal scum !
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Part of it is that DRD Team is not just a forum, it's also webspace. If we just needed a forum, there's always Invisionfree or Proboards.
sykesccorp

Post by sykesccorp »

but relly you dont NEED thos websites do you for as if grubber is willing to pay money why dont you and also we could use the zdoom forums hell eveyone does it i see gzdoom mods on there that i still havent seen put on here i say if grubber gets a site and it has a page for updates for zdoom and then gets a part of the zdoom forum then it should be fine... wont it?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

What the hell are you going on about? DRD Team isn't just about ZDoom and GZDoom. Haven't you noticed the other hosted sites on here, like the Doom Armory, BioHazard's page, Grubber's page with all his utilities on it? Being relegated to a section of the ZDoom forums is not going to be doing any of DRD's hostees any favors, because it still means they lose their webspace. I don't know what I'd do without my webspace to be honest, because all of my weapon mods are hosted there, including several that I deliberately have not put on /idgames.
Remmirath

Post by Remmirath »

Changing the host would be a good idea...so Grubber hadn't to pay so much...so i voted for C...i don't want DRDTeam killed... :(
SoulPriestess wrote:Good job, Morpheus! You are teh awesum!
Mr. Mistoffelees

Post by Mr. Mistoffelees »

Dear Grubber/everyone,

Hmm... I'm still trying to figure out if there's a button I can press to vote, but I'm definitely with option C. As a bonus, I will keep my opinion of Alter's behavior to myself, as we should ALL behave in an honorable manner. I do wonder what reason drives Alter to wish the death of DRD, however, as I have found DRD to be quite a godsend in terms of ideas, material, and quality mods. I've even managed to pick up a few good links along the way!

In short, "moving on" would be to go with option C; the dead don't go anywhere but the morgue. This would be something of a difficulty for me, as I don't know the address to the mortician's website, and I have yet to determine if they host mods or not.

Now where is that "Vote" button... this isn't from Florida, is it? :wink:
-Mr. Mistoffelees
Janitor
Persecution Complex

Post by Janitor »

C is a good idea. what we need is more of an interest in this website though.
sykesccorp

Post by sykesccorp »

im trying to say that maby if you have a web space then you should at least cough up some cash to help out with this situation.... but it will suck to lose the drd forums :(
Lioyd_Irving

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

I weren't talking about just the forums...Grubber's page, the Armory and the Nexus could also be hosted by zdoom.org. Along with KDiZD's website.
Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson and Adolf Hitler all drank water. You criminal scum !
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

I somehow doubt it. Have you seen any zdoom.org hosted websites recently? Or at all? I haven't. And my site won't be ZDoom-only, it even won't be Doom-only.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Lioyd_Irving wrote:Grubber's page, the Armory and the Nexus could also be hosted by zdoom.org. Along with KDiZD's website.
As far as I know, ZDooM does not host other sites.

As for me, I have been privileged to be hosted by DRDTeam, and I would be sorry to close my shop. If I can continue to be hosted when the host site migrates, then I'd be most grateful. In fact, if money continues to be an issue I will gladly contribute to the cause.

Jan, you may want to think about what you'd like to accomplish with this or any new site. As I had indicated in this post, I can contribute in other ways, whether it is to this site or a new one.

And, btw, I voted C as it seems to be the option that will make your life the easiest.
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

With Drupal there will be many possibilities open. Right now I can imagine projects area with bug tracking and SVN hosting, user blogs and user submitted news. But it's all about the people, not the technology.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I've used Drupal before and I can vouch for it being a good piece of software. I didn't care much for the forums side of things, but that was back in 2004, so it may be improved.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

I definitely don't want to see DRDTeam.org vanish. Even though I am a very rare visitor, I come here because I am a fan of GZdoom.

I vote option C.
Whoo

Post by Whoo »

I voted option C because DRD as already said isn't just a forum it's a webspace. And plus many people come here for tutorials and whatnot. I know I came here several times.
EDIT: I come here alot, I just don't really login that much.

Return to “News”