Site rearrangement

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Site rearrangement

Post by Rachael »

Because of the growing number of forums, I've gone through a minor process to rearrange the site. I realize this is always a pain to get used to, but I think the new forum order is a little more logical and it should be easier to navigate the forum's index without being bombarded by a bunch of different forums.

Of course, not everyone has access to everything, so you might actually think that it never needed it. But for those of you involved with multiple projects, the new arrangement might actually make a little more sense for you.

Anyway, this is hopefully a very rare event, and it should be the last time it happens in a long time unless there's a fairly big issue with the current arrangement.
Remmirath
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Re: Site rearrangement

Post by Remmirath »

Do you know what's funny?

Under the category DRD Team, you've put General, Projects and Off-Topic, which the subtitle is "Not DRDTeam related". :P
SoulPriestess wrote:Good job, Morpheus! You are teh awesum!
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Off-topic couldn't justify its own category, in my opinion. It was just yet another thing that was stretching the forum index too long. The whole goal with the renovation was that even if you're an admin, you wouldn't have to break your mouse wheel just to see everything.

Okay, okay, it never got to that point, but really, it was starting to get there.

I'm not the owner of this famous X-Box forum that takes forever to scroll down, and I hope I never become one. That forum is due for renovation. ;)

Edit: By the way, I snuck in a new style cause I was getting tired of the old ones. ;) But that's of meager importance. It's Dark-Shines if you want to check it out.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

I like the new arrangement. I had noticed that the forum front page was getting a little long.

Dark-Shines seems quite nice too. I normally use Hermes but I'm giving Dark-Shines a go and I may well swap on a more permanent basis. :)
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

I used to use Hermes since almost when I first converted this forum to phpBB3. It's quite nice, but it was starting to get annoying, I don't know why. I guess I just don't like the clash of red and blue.

I think I might get annoyed with Dark-Shines pretty quick too, but for now, it seems to do okay.

I will always develop primarily for NewDRD though, if there are any new features on the site.

EDIT: (by the way, Enjay, thank you for the compliment about the new arrangement ^^)

Return to “General”