Wad In Progress/Limbo

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Yay! Sounds better and better by the day
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

- Started gathering my resources and ideas to eventually make a small single player map
- Added 3 new enemies (All Similar in a sense of appearence, but none of them pack the same attacks)
- Realized that there is no Actor Class listed in the ZDoom Wiki for the Doom Blood Splat
- Praised the name of Scuba Steve for his action Doom work, and thus the idea for the Scourge area, If only I was a better mapper, I would probably have this project done . . .

A Monster that I deemed the UberManc, dieing.
If your wondering if the Uber Manc is just a Scaled up Manc with more powerful attacks and more health, its more. It does the Typical giant Fireballs (Was a pain to get the fireballs to line up with the gun barrels properly, and then to get them to shoot at the angles). He also Shoots another similar salvo of slightly smaller fireballs that shoot circles of ripper projectiles both up And down. And Finally, he does what I call, the Contra Attack. He shoots 2 lines of small fireballs and then procedes to sweep in front of him with them and then finally concentrate both streams on its target.
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

- Began working on a coop level for use with the Scourge and Scourge Variants.

Speaking of Scourge Variants . . .

- Completed the sleeping scourge, as in he wont react untill he hears the player fire a weapon (aka A_Look2)
- Completed the sleeper scourge, as in he will lie down on the ground as if dead (And unattackable) untill a hapless player gets too close, and which he will stand up and pursue them untill he kills the target, or the target gets out of that set radius, in which he will then lie back down and become unshootable
- Completed the rushing Scourge, esantially the Scourge, but that charges his target at a distance (A_SkullAttack)
- Completed the Dawn of the Dead Scourge, as in moves faster, hits faster, can do the rush, but can also "Soak" damage

Also . . .

- Finished 2 destroyable tree variants, both which spew wood debris when damaged or killed
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Pic of the Scourge level

Basically a Bayou (Spell?) and/or swamp, but instead of skaggy water and crocodiles, its a slush of body parts and full of flesh rending Zombies.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Nice
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Anybody know why Im having soo much trouble adding things to the side of the main corridor? I can add those little room things, ala the one in the pic, but I cant add much else. Could it have to do with the TransferHeight shenanagins?
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Anyone whos anyone when it comes to ACS Scripting and/or Fraggle (As GZDoom supports that aswell) might know were to send me for ways in which to create "Teams" as it were via ACS/Fraggle. As it stands, I have another project that I'd like to at least get a feel for how long it will take, and I need to know how to place 1 player on "Team 1" and another on "Team 2", preferrablly by giving them their own TIDs. Also, how would one use ThingHate to work with multiple Hatee IDs (If its possible)? The rest of the stuff I feel I could figure out via the ZDoom wiki. But the stuff I brought up is definately the Entire backbone of the project.

Also, I would assume this would have to be done using some form of Strife shenanagins, but would there be a way to activate a Thing via the Use Key to get it to "Join your group" so to speak, so for example, the player from "Team 1" Presses use on the Neutral object, it then knows that the player from "Team 1" "Used" it, and then changes its translation to a certain color, and then joins "Team 1"?
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Went and put a hold on this project, I've begun (At a blistering pace by the way) work on a new mod, utilizing both ACS, and DECORATE, and the major idea from FutureCop LAPD. Damn that was a great game. But anyway, since it isnt a "Weapons Mod" per say, I wont start a dev journal on my new project. Although I would like to finish the sounds for my mod, and then release it, but my standards are too high, and I end up Wavepadding every sound I find from Findsounds, and It just gets rediculous. That and the fact that Im very paranoid about people stealing my work and claiming it as their own.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Oh darn, and I thought the other mod was close to completion! Now it will be delayed. :(
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Anyone know were I can get the full sprite of LWM's Marine Mech from? It would make a nice Dreadnaught class unit for the humans
NeoWorm

Post by NeoWorm »

Hellspawn mod. It was posted in LWM threads on Zdoom.org.
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Yes, but her site his down, know of any other project that used it?
NeoWorm

Post by NeoWorm »

Yes, in some mod for Hexen but it have hexen pallete.
Here is sprite sheet that I made some time ago:
http://rapidshare.de/files/15276071/Batlemech.bmp.html
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

NeoWorm, you are now officially my Hero, you have no idea how perfect this fits my new wad. Thanks!
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

Here are 4 more weapons, and the Ubermanc. Any problems, meh :wink:

If I release these, with the other 3 weapons I released earlier, and possibly 1 or 2 more, in a single wad, would that count as a reviewable weapons mod?
Attachments
Siegemoreweaps.zip
(73.63 KiB) Downloaded 148 times

Return to “Development Journals”