Can't access ZDoom forums

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.
MusicallyInspired

Can't access ZDoom forums

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Can anybody explain to me why when I try to access the ZDoom forums I get this message?:
403 FORBIDDEN!

Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior or the action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system.

The detected reason(s) you were blocked are:
Internap Network Services Corporation, Cloud and CDN, not an access provider (ASN-INAP-20).

Your IP, Domain Name (if resolvable), the referring page (if any), QUERY, POST, User Agent, time of access, and date have been logged and flagged for admin review. Please either 1. Stop the bad behavior, or 2. Cease accessing this system.
I haven't visited that board in a couple years and I wanted to post news of my Doom TNT SC-55 music pack finally being released. I certianly haven't enacted any malicious behaviour to the server. Did they ban an IP range or something?
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Hocus Pocus, Descent, and more.
new! Heretic Music Pack released! (12/12/18)
Legacy of Grabbag - Metal Medley
Gez
Developer
Developer

Re: Can't access ZDoom forums

Post by Gez »

Yes, there have been issues with an annoying kid brute-forcing his way into accounts. You're most probably a victim of an IP range ban taken to keep him at bay.
MusicallyInspired

I see. Is there anything I or someone here can do to get me specifically unbanned?
Last edited by MusicallyInspired on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:49, edited 2 times in total.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I see. Is there anything I can door someone here can do to get me specifically unbanned?
I've reported your plight to Randi, who has this to ask:
randi wrote:It would help to know who the access provider is. I'm not going to unblock all of the ones that aren't supposed to be serving direct-to-the-consumer Internet access.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

I've started granting some of the ZDoom staff the ability to see IP addresses directly on this forum.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, Dreamhost doesn't support IPv6 yet, whereas ZDoom.org does, so they may still be different. :(
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Eruanna wrote:I've started granting some of the ZDoom staff the ability to see IP addresses directly on this forum.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, Dreamhost doesn't support IPv6 yet, whereas ZDoom.org does, so they may still be different. :(

<< Sorry, remembering Dreamhost's history with SkullTag's days.... >>
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Yes, same things with all the same problems. But without any money it's the only host we have right now. :(

It's a bit better than it used to be though, I think they upgraded to SSD's to make things faster.
MusicallyInspired

Is this not the access provider? When I go there it says the reason is because this is not an access provider, but I don't know what it means.
Internap Network Services Corporation, Cloud and CDN, not an access provider (ASN-INAP-20).
My internet provider is a Canadian wireless LTE network called NetSet in Manitoba. It's not one of the major providers here (Shaw, MTS, etc) but it's one of the only ones available as we live 15 minutes out of town on a farm in the middle of nowhere. Is there something more specific I can see if I can look up for you?
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

It doesn't help that your IP seems to change a lot. You've hit 3 different ranges on this forum so far.
MusicallyInspired

I see. I'm afraid I don't really have control over my IP as the home we live in belongs to my wife's employer and we live in the basement suite (she does homecare for his elderly parents upstairs during the day). The internet account is his. I guess if there's nothing I can do about it I'll just attempt to access the forum while I'm at work in town.

Although, right now I'm typing from work. I haven't been here in years since I had my own internet provider at another location. This is the first time I've posted here since then and I've only logged in a couple times so all those IP ranges might make sense.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

You're right there's not much you, personally, can do about it, I was just making a comment that it would be hard to completely whitelist your ISP. I hope it works out, though!
MusicallyInspired

For now I'm just posting from work so that'll do I suppose. :)
MusicallyInspired

Last night I was able to access the forums from home so they must have helped me out. :) Thank you wildweasel and whoever here who put in a word for me.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

That's good news!

Return to “Off-Topic”