Deathsong's Forge

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Leet mod man. Looking forward to finished version.
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

@Snarboo: You are my god.

@TDA: Alright. I'll take your comments to heart next version. My unreleased shotgun already fires more and weaker pellets. I'll play with the offsets on the AR's firing frames and see if I can give it some more kick. The handcannon will be a little faster next version, but it will require reloading (as will most of the other weapons). The grenade launcher, I agree, is kinda weird looking without recoil, but I've already put Snarboo's frames to work fixing that. I'm still looking for better flamethrower idle sounds, and I'll look at BSNI for a new Mauler sound. That first encounter will be much more balanced once I replace that stupid kick with the throwing knives, but the monsters will come out of this one more challanging all around.

@Paul: Thanks. I hope you enjoy this as much as I've enjoyed those awsome graphics you create. (The release of the first version was delayed by me trying to find every possible way to get the Susan Mk 1 to work in Strife. Alas, I couldn't pull it off.)
Spray

Post by Spray »

I felt that the Acolytes were made a bit too tough, but because of their not feeling pain, not because of the weapons. Their new weapons make them more interesting to fight.

I like how the assault gun is a little less "godlike" than it was before. The firing delay gives the player more incentive to use automatic fire.

The handcannon was alright, a bit slow, but it seemed to work better against Sentinels and Stalkers than against the Acolytes.

The Sigil's [spoiler]freezing of dead enemies[/spoiler] I found pretty odd, but that's more of a personal preference thing.

<3 Heaven and Earth! I can't wait to see how this mod turns out. :D
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Personally I don't quite like the look/feel of the pistol in the mod, so I found this little beauty from long ago. Coded by TDA, graphic edits by WW. Not much, but I personally like it much more then the current gun.
Attachments
StrifePistol (TDA version).zip
(15.97 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Heh, I take it you didn't like my version of the Strife Pistol? ;)
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Snarb, sorry but it just doesn't feel right to use. :\
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Isn't the Pistol in this mod my handcannon edited off Scuba's grenade launcher?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I believe so, but I modified it a little bit. Added a wooden stock, removed a bolt or screw, extended part of it out and added a trigger finger, to be exact. Here's a picture:
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

Agh! To be honest, I'm at the end of my rope. Nothing, and I mean nothing, seems to be working right. First, I spend hours getting the jumps right on my crossbow, then it, no matter how many UpgradeAccuracys I give myself, persists in using the weakest fire. Fine. Upgrades can wait for a couple versions. I dig right into releoading, and for some mysterious reasion, each shot takes two bullets from the clips of both the AR and the Handcannon! Okay. Who needs reloading when we can have a neat Sigil? Guess what? Mysterious crashes left and right! First, anytime I place an actor called SigilA, SigilB, etc. in my decorate, GZDoom crashes upon loading a map. This is really funny because the currently released version has actors with those same names, and works just fine. So I do a whole lot of renaming, and now it crahses when I try and deselect the thing. Selecting works just fine, but deselecting crahses. What. The. Hell. Well, I'll keep trying. You guys may just have to wait longer than I'd like.

EDIT: I've got the Sigil working. Now I just have to do the new bosses and the new MAPINFO, and the next version is upon us.
Loki

Post by Loki »

Voodoo, man, just plain voodoo. No, but really, I think it might be your comp, or whatever version of XWE you're using. Those don't sound like code (DECORATE) bugs to me, but they remind me a lot of program bugs. Like when XWE decides that your sprites and textures are all binary, and then refuses to read them as sprites or textures.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Are you guys using the latest beta version of XWE? That issue has been fixed, for the most part - if you still have issues, report them to Csabo at the Doomworld forums (with a link to the image/lump that gives you issues).
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

I doubt that they're XWE bugs, because all the crashes occured only in GZDoom, and as soon as I modified the wad file to no longer use those actor names or that many jumps, it worked again. My feeling is that something is wonky with GZDoom's A_Jump code. Jumps in inventory items have been crashing it as well.

@Loki: Enjoying your day off?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Started work just a few minutes ago on the shotgun, and I have now completed it! Changes include making the grip look wooden, removing the holes above the barrel, and shortening the sights. Enjoy!
Attachments
STRISHOT.zip
(19.39 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

I know that you just completed the pistol graphics Snarboo, but I figured since all the other weapons are not angled, you could use a centered pistol

ImageEriance's pistol.

The pistol converts well to the strife pallete(That one isn't palletised), but all you would have to do is add a strife hand.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Wow, that's very nice! Deathsong will have to decide whether or not he wants it in the mod, though.

Return to “Development Journals”