Funny crap that happened to you or that you did to some one.

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.

Are you a follower of The Dark Carnival?

Yes
No votes
No
17%
WTF?
83%

Total votes: 6

Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Impressive, if very opinionated, argument :P

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine (Slipknot rocks, and Mudvayne's not bad either :P ).

However, your evidence strikes me as odd, as each of their albums is a different genre, which is why it's hard to stick them in one. Slipknot was nu-metal/thrash metal, Iowa was Heavy Metal (this is from what I've heard, not my opinion BTW) and Vol. 3 is Metal.

I'll agree with you that they sound shit live (I've seen recordings, and they were awful), but they're lyrics don't really strike me as sad/emo so much as angry, or just totally unrelated. Some of their songs are aimed at one of their members dislike of their dad, and some other songs probably aimed at various influences in their lives too. Pulse of the Maggots sounds like a throw for their closer fans to me, more than anything else.

And yes, there are more members than there are jobs in their band, but they're enjoying themselves :P
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Finally the offtopic of DRDTeam breathes with discussions. Excellent, too excellent :twisted:
Spectere

Post by Spectere »

BioHazard wrote:
Spectere wrote:good-cool definitely wins.
He certainly does, too bad he ruins a lot of songs with his crap singing.
Eh, it could be worse...

I DON'T WANNA KNOW
WHAT THEY SAY, OH NO I DON'T CARE
etc.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

MasterOFDeath wrote:I've forced myself because of such requests to endure their awful live performance which consisted of nothing but a few people playing, Corey's awful screaming, too many fog machines, and one guy running around beating on random instruments. Stupid and pointless, no real energy. And don't get me started on their fanbase, which almost entirely consists of those retarded little 14 year old poseur/mallgoths running around Hot Topic blastic their "hardcore gothic death and black metal" Slipknot and Mudvayne wearing those godawful baggy parachute pants and acting depressed because "being depressed is cool".
Hey, I've seen them live too. They weren't bad. OK, they weren't great but it was a good, fun night out. What's more, I went with my friend "big Steve" (which is most definitely not an ironic nickname) and we had a whole night of fun growling at the little 14 year old poseur/mallgoths and scaring them to the point of wetting themselves. ;)
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Phobus wrote:However, your evidence strikes me as odd, as each of their albums is a different genre, which is why it's hard to stick them in one. Slipknot was nu-metal/thrash metal, Iowa was Heavy Metal (this is from what I've heard, not my opinion BTW) and Vol. 3 is Metal.
Iowa was far off from heavy metal, that was probaly the MOST nu-metal one out of all three, if the vocalist RAPS I don't consider it metal. Even worse, he SCREAMED rapped. I've only ever heard one song off their first album, Wait and Bleed. I thought it was one of the most annoying songs I have ever heard, and its absolutely nothing close to thrash metal. Thrash metal is complex and heavy, like older Metallica. NOT horribly out of tune guitars playing the same three riffs over and over to a guy scremaing the same pointless "chorus" over and over. Their third album... ugh. Screw it, they all suck. Also I think Joey Jordionson is pretty overrated. I remember downloading his drum solo off of the live album out of curiosity, and I can honestly say what a waste of bandwidth. For over a minute he did nothing but hit the same three drums over and over, a simple set that anybody that could pick up a drumstick could do. I'm sorry but if I want a drum solo I'm sticking with Rush's Neal Peart, who has been kicking out over two minute awesome solos that are actually pleasant to listesn to since he first joined the band. And as far as depressing lyrics go, do you even pay attention to them at all? All angsty crap (there is the word I was looking for originally). Hell a kid I know who loves them, I remmeber asking him one reason he liked them at I kid you not, his reasons were "because they sing about depression and are cool".

Enjay: Haha, I know I really shouldn't scare those kids because it is mean, but its just too funny watching a spoiled 14 year old who hates his parents that waste all that money at Hot Topic for him so he can act all depressed and "hate" his parents because they are "cruel" for making him do his homework.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Because we're obviously at opposite of the scale here, this isn't gonig ot acheive anything, so I'll back off now. However, I will agree that Neal Peart is a total and utter drumming legend :)
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

I listened to Slipknot before. I liked them a lot and thought it's a metal band.

What a moron I was.

RULE #1: If you can't find it on http://www.metal-archives.com, it's not metal really ;).
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

MasterOFDeath wrote:....real frightening. :roll:
Shut up :evil:. You will not be saved from my almieghty lvl 256 Smackage abilities 8) ! Someone think of a new color that isn't a mix of other colors and describe it to me. I think it is a pretty cool challenge :) .

Now I'm gonna go and see if Bear Share has Cannibal Corpse.
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

Do something stupid and you won't be saved from my almighty banhammer.
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

Uh oh...I think I should stay away from the "BanHammer"...I should put that in a mod! That would be cool. Have it so when you hit someone/thing it dissapears and leaves a mssage saying "Member Banned". All I need now are gfx...
Paul

Post by Paul »

You on high or something DS? Either stop acting like an insane person (in reasonable ammoutns it's funny, but now it's stupid) or it's you getting banned. Out of this forum. For good.

Am I getting to you? Cool.
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

Yeah, your getting to me. But I'm serious about the "BanHammer".
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Doomed Soul wrote:
MasterOFDeath wrote:....real frightening. :roll:
Shut up :evil:. You will not be saved from my almieghty lvl 256 Smackage abilities 8)
rofl

You certainly are a scary person. Threatning me over the internet and all with level 256 " smacking" abilities. :roll:
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

"The game of which has been corrupted by unknown data data corruptbaksdjdskjl"
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ok that's it. I asked you guys to chill out. Locking.

Return to “Off-Topic”