DRD Team is pleased to announce...

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
Enjay
Developer
Developer

DRD Team is pleased to announce...

Post by Enjay »

... the release of Paranoid, a production of The Persecution Complex - hosted by DRDTeam.

Paranoid is a Half Life themed Doom II mod for GZDoom*. In the role of Dr. Rolf Bellmer, you will explore previously unseen areas of the Black Mesa Facility realized via eight maps interconnected in a hub structure.

With true 3D architecture integral to the design of the maps and the whole theme being very much in the style of the original Half-Life, Paranoid seeks to capture a great deal of the feel of Half Life-like gameplay but in the Doom engine. This style is neither Half-Life, nor Doom. It's Paranoid.

The levels are complimented by newly DECORATEd enemies with hi-res sprites, non-Doom palette graphics throughout, scenery (and some interactive) models and an original sound track.

Want more information? See screenshots, credits, and more information at Doom Nexus!

So, what are you waiting for? Grab that crowbar and download! (approx. 80 mb)

Because of the extensive use of GZDoom and other advanced features, Paranoid requires the following system specs to run even at lower resolutions:
GZDoom 1.4.8
1.8ghz Processor
1 GB RAM
Hardware Accelerated Video Card w/at least 256 MB video ram

And when you're done playing (or if you need help with) the game, visit the Persecution Complex Forums. There, you'll be able to report bugs, ask/answer questions, tell us how much you love the game, tell us how much you .... well you know what we mean.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: DRD Team is pleased to announce...

Post by Rex Claussen »

Huzzah!
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

This is great news! :)
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

This looks really great so far. Truly amazing.

One thing though: When I started the first level I saw that it listed 10 monsters and I wondered where they were - unless I realized that it's the non-hostile scientists!

You really should not count them as kills.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Graf Zahl wrote:This looks really great so far. Truly amazing.
Many thanks.
One thing though: When I started the first level I saw that it listed 10 monsters and I wondered where they were - unless I realized that it's the non-hostile scientists!

You really should not count them as kills.
Fixed, and an updated version was uploaded first thing this morning (USA time).
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Wait wait wait... WHAT? I ignored this completely because it was posted on the first of April, and I thought it was Enjay was pulling my leg (especially after reading all the joke posts on other forums) :shock:

Oooh boy oh boy oh boy have I got something awesome to do when I get home :mrgreen:
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

I guess the April Fool's joke was that it wasn't an April Fool's joke at all.

A bit of irony there, I'd say. :)
Firebrand
Dev Builds Team

Post by Firebrand »

LOL, I also thought it was a joke...
I'm the ruler of the Fire Power.....
dark-slayer-201

Post by dark-slayer-201 »

I didn't even know this was released on April 1. It is very much based off HalfLife.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Heh, our target release date was actually March 31st but we slipped a little due to some last minute changes and fixes. It was still March 31st in some time zones. :P
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

For those of you still reading this thread, stay tuned for another announcement soon.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Staying tuned...
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Enjay wrote:Staying tuned...
[Enjay posts an image of "ww2_family_tuing_radio"]
Not you, Enjay. Being the mind reader that you are, you already know everything I and the rest of the Team are planning for the next decade.

And by the way, I'm not sure what "tuing" a radio is, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to find out. Heh.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Rex Claussen wrote:For those of you still reading this thread, stay tuned for another announcement soon.
Well, I promised an announcement, so here's an announcement: Very soon you should be seeing an announcement on the ..... Heh. Gotcha!

But seriously, the announcement is as follows: The Team has begun work on a two-part expansion pack for Paranoid. The first part, which is well under way, is a 2-map add-on that uses only DooM textures, decorations, and enemies, but which uses Paranoid weapons. All mapping for the first map of this 2-map wad is complete, and about half the mapping for the second map is done. The second part of the expansion pack is currently planned as a 3-map hub with the continuing adventures of Dr. Rolf Bellmer. Mapping for one of the three maps is about halfway done. The hub will include some new gameplay elements, among which is probably going to be team behavior among the enemies.

In addition, as a result of a suggestion on the ZDooM forums, we may consider doing some maps with Paranoid enemies but DooM weapons. The most notable DooM weapons without similar equivalents in Paranoid, of course, are the plasma rifle and BFG. I generally tend to shy away from including the BFG in any of my maps, but the plasma rifle has always been a favorite of mine. We'll see.

Return to “News”