doom 2 recolor project plans ahead

Talk about our & your projects.
DefconRazor32

Re: doom 2 recolor project plans ahead

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I'm almost done with the software update just a few more days and it will be uploaded i just finished the floor texture for the ashgrass tile prerelease 2 will be more updating on floor tiling but right now i wanna finish the grass tiling i need to get finished. I know i haven't done any videos yet but i been busy with doing my work and having few hours left of free time had been wasted getting textures updated or cleaning old textures and floor testing. I haven't been happy with the software rendere as of the last few days it keeps ruining at least 10% of my natural made recolors adds in certain colors that shouldn't be rendered but that's why i have the open gl build that will be much more different and add textures i never ever dreamed of merging creating new environments. I wish that making textures wasn't so restrictive in the rendering process then i wouldn't have to worry about the bugs but once i finish up the software build i can kiss software goodbye and hello to hardware build . :D
DefconRazor32

Re: doom 2 recolor project plans ahead

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Hey everyone i'm back and i finished releasing some the textures for the prerelease 1 , the latest update to the recolor project. I'm gonna be adding an ash-like marble set it won't be the best since palette restriction is in place and i added a few so called edits and frame prototypes that i hadn't been able to add the rest the patches yet for the rest of prerelease, but it will be updated with those textures in the next coming weeks. Probably by next year I'll start incliding a open gl build for gzdoom and skulltag the textures won't be your normal textures as I'll be experimenting and maybe trying new edits or variants that the software mode can't handle and that means if you don't have hardware mode on then the open gl build won't work for jack and you'll get horrid colors in software mode so compatibility will be an issue for some users who can't use open gl.

Edit: coming soon in maybe a few days I'll be releasing the open raw textures previews here i have some raw texture samples I'm willing to show it will be for various themes and even the so called flesh world that hasn't been completely fleshed up thanks to the palette of doom restricting me and that will end in the next few weeks. that means that good stuff will come i promise you i'll even have new sky textures to present and even edit to such a point the i won't have to worry how the dark hellish theme will show. The software mode hols me back to such a degree that even some gore and blood textures couldn't be in due to palette rape. the sky will all be doom 2 skies. i'll be doing a texture preview soon in zdoom also I hope to create a who new species of variants from the raw textures. I hope i covered new ground in my huge lecture on how crazy the weirdness factor will be when i hit raw textures.

Return to “Projects”