3d models

Need help with your project? Ask here.
sykesccorp

3d models

Post by sykesccorp »

im relly angery for 3 resions 2 resions are not on topic but one of them is that ive tried for hours a day trying to get 3d models into doom i made just a relly simple box in 3ds max i exported it as a md2 and i wrote the model def
[spoiler]model PIE1

{
path "models/pie"
model 0 "pie1.md2"
skin 0 "pie.tga"
scale 9.0 9.0 9.0

FrameIndex PIE1 A 0 1
}[/spoiler]

and the decorate
[spoiler]actor PIE1 32084
{
+SOLID
Height 49
Radius 35
+SHOOTABLE
+NOBLOOD
+PUSHABLE
Mass 500
maxstepheight 0
Health 300
painchance 255
States
{
Spawn:
PIE1 A -1
stop
}
}[/spoiler]
i have the model in a folder called pie in another folder names models
i have the skin in the same folder it finds every thing as i run it but i see where i put the model it one of thoes ! signs and i bring up the console and i check whats wrong with it and it says it has no frames i dont get it all help NEEDED
Attachments
test.zip
the wad file and stuff just use the .zip file on gzdoom.exe
(3.89 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

OK, first off, I was getting an error message that the actor had no frames. That looked more like a DECORATE error to me. So, checking in the WAD I saw that you hadn't provided any sprites. I changed the reference to the sprite PIE1 to POSS in both the decorate and the modeldef.

I started up GZdoom and the error had gone as had the <i> icon in the map. But no model to be seen. So I moved to the centre of the map and tried "summon pie1" and a huge red box appeared way off to one side. So, your second problem is that the model is quite far off centre and even when it is spawning, it's appearing outside the visible part of the map. You can actually clip through the walls and see it.

So, the fix is to either use existing sprite names or provide your own sprites in the WAD.

And fix your model in your model editor so that it is centred on the origin.
sykesccorp

Post by sykesccorp »

THANKS you help so so much.

Return to “Editing Help”